Cul De Sac. The album from 2012. CD Release coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am posting here because I'd like to enhance my audience for an album which I wrote, performed on and produced myself with a tiny budget using a home studio. This is not a demo but a complete recording. I am not a record label but a private individual. If you want to support the work of unsigned artists then you are welcome to buy a copy of any track or the whole album, then you can without supporting some record company exec. You can also listen to streams for free.

I used a Roland XP10, Alesis SR16 drum machine, Atari 1040 running Mastertracks 1.11, Yamaha AW16g portastudio and a borrowed Neumann U87.

Cul De Sac is an album that was released online in 2012 and will be getting a limited CD release later in 2015. Lack of budget has delayed this much-needed Indie release.

This is a very fresh-sound collection of songs, all reminiscent of power-pop or sythpop of the 1980s but still managing to be fairly wide in style and more grown-up in content. It is an imaginative collection written over quite a long period of time which you can enjoy for the sake of listening to a pop song or for the meaning that the lyrics might have for you in your own life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJX5XImIctE

Thank you for allowing me to post on your forum and for supporting the work of original artists.

I used to have an Atari 2600. I snapped the joystick playing boxing. I always used to be Lefty O'Leary, the ginger Irishman and fearsome southpaw. I didn't make any music on it, unless you count the rhythmic bleeping as I punched someone's crudely pixelated head in.

Comment

I liked Cul de Sac's work with Scroobius Pip. "Radiohead? Just a band!" Classic!

I'm going to have to click the link now, aren't I? FFS. Why can't I just keep quiet.

Comment

Oh do you think Cul De Sac sounds like Radiohead, never thought of it like that before...

Here is another of my amazingly expensive pop videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XpxuMvHS7w

and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfMTtm-RXO4

Comment

Good for you, sir.
          I'm not a big fan of the vocals, they're very early Dave Gahan delivered in the club style and you should have a word with whomever is syncing your audio to video but at least you're out there doing it.

Good luck.

Comment

Ha ha ha, never thought about the vocals that way...I didn't know there was any audio/video sync at all but point taken...

Comment

I'll post your link to some local music sites.

Good luck again.

Comment

Many thanks Calvert if you have a list of links I'll swop you. Mail me at replybiz@hotmail.com Thanks very much and you are invited to the Grammys of course.

Comment

Ah Cul De Sac, quite a decent 90s band for those into the likes of Stereolab and Pram.

This was probably their best moment.

https://youtu.be/iLzOL5TUNIs

Comment

Working...
                  X