Janelle Monae

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Janelle Monae

She has returned to my attention with the brilliant (both in idea and execution) Hell You Talmbout, but I have to admit that since I heard the most excellent Cold War quite a few years ago, I've heard pretty much nothing else by her.

Time to explore her music a bit more. So what are the things most worth checking out?

Janelle Monae

I was planning to post something similar

Comment

Janelle Monae

Jimski wrote: She has returned to my attention with the brilliant (both in idea and execution) Hell You Talmbout, but I have to admit that since I heard the most excellent Cold War quite a few years ago, I've heard pretty much nothing else by her.

Time to explore her music a bit more. So what are the things most worth checking out?
      All of it. Really. Her concepts get a bit wild, but it's always interesting, the music's always fine too. Sorry, I know it's not much help, but 'all of it', I'm a big fan. I had tickets to the Roundhouse to see her a few years ago, had to give them away due to illness, and my partner and friend said it was the best gig they'd seen in years. This was from that tour.

Comment

Janelle Monae

I posted elsewhere (Facebook? E-mail? My inner monologue?) that on first listen to her last full album it was like finding a long lost friend.

She's great.

Comment

Janelle Monae

Yes, all of it.

Comment

Fucking hell, I can't wait for the new album.

Comment

Stay strong, matt. Only ten more days.

Comment

It's out. It's great.

Hard to see past 'Make Me Feel' as my favorite, but 'Crazy, Classic Life' is way up there.

Monae had commentary on Django Jane here:
                https://genius.com/amp/Janelle-monae-django-jane-lyrics

Comment

Working...
                X