Goalkeepers who have scored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marc De Clerck, Belgian goalkeeper scored on his debut (and only appearance) for Aberdeen in England. A 4-0 league cup win away to Berwick Rangers in 1980.

Comment

Lots of 'keepers score from inside their own half. A number score from free-kicks. I'm only aware of one who has combined the two aspects in a deliberate action. It also cocks an absolute snook at "Goalkeepers Unions". Chilavert sees his opposite number isn't concentrating and exploits it mercilessly.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGcjDx_uvRo

Missed this as we left the clubhouse late. Went straight back in when we found out what happened.

Comment

Aside from the Jimmy Glass goal (which I think we've established was witnessed live by about 5 OTFers)...
          Only five? I thought that the Jimmy Glass moment had morphed into OTF's very own 'Spike Island' some while ago.

Do penalties count ...if they're tournament-winning?
          No.

Comment

As usual, Wikipedia provides us with a list of goalscoring goalkeepers.

Personally I have more time for goalkeepers who score from outfield positions, rather than goalkeepers who happen to be adept at free kicks and penalties.

I guess someone like Peter Schmeichel ranks highly in the former category.

Comment

Janik wrote: Lots of 'keepers score from inside their own half. A number score from free-kicks. I'm only aware of one who has combined the two aspects in a deliberate action. It also cocks an absolute snook at "Goalkeepers Unions". Chilavert sees his opposite number isn't concentrating and exploits it mercilessly.
              I'm surprised more goalies don't have a go at this.

Also at kick offs - keepers are rarely on their line and don't look like they're concentrating. Why does no one just wang it?

Comment

Excellent own goal by Ruch Chorzów's Janusz Jojko.

Comment

I was at Edgar Street on the first day of the 1995/96 season to see Maik Taylor of Barnet concede from a Chris Mackenzie goal kick.

Comment

Harry Dowd broke a finger playing for Manchester City against Bury in pre-substitute days. Staying on the pitch as a makeshift centre forward he ended up scoring a late equaliser.

Comment

Jongudmund wrote:
                      Originally posted by Janik
                      Lots of 'keepers score from inside their own half. A number score from free-kicks. I'm only aware of one who has combined the two aspects in a deliberate action. It also cocks an absolute snook at "Goalkeepers Unions". Chilavert sees his opposite number isn't concentrating and exploits it mercilessly.

Also at kick offs - keepers are rarely on their line and don't look like they're concentrating. Why does no one just wang it?
                      It would be particularly funny if there was an incident of this following a 'keeper scoring themselves. Oh, wait. There is.

Comment

Three Times A Reddy wrote: Two of Peter Schmeichel's goals came while playing for English clubs and let's not forget that overhead kick against Wimbledon. Yes, it was rightly disallowed for offside
                        I was there and greatly amused to see the offside flag go up whilst the Manchester United fans were still celebrating...

Comment

Janik wrote:
                          Originally posted by Jongudmund
                          Originally posted by Janik

It would be particularly funny if there was an incident of this following a 'keeper scoring themselves. Oh, wait. There is.
                          That is brilliant- the reaction of the defenders is superb!

Comment

Working...
                          X