Today's armchair football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked the wrong week to transfer Coutinho into my fantasy team...

Comment

RODGERS OUT

Comment

Am I the only person who, when Falcao's name comes up, thinks "Rock me Amadeus!"?

Comment

I was at an absolute belter of a game today. Hamilton beat Hearts 3-2 coming back from 1-2 with seven minutes remaining. The Paterson sending-off seemed to throw Hearts and give Accies a bit of momentum. Fair result in the end though.

That useless twat Collum was the ref today. How on earth did this gobshite make it so far up the FIFA list?

Comment

So apparently we were crap at Bournemouth today. A good point though I reckon; I think Bournemouth are a good side. I was a bit surprised to see Ranieri change the system that has won us valuable early points, mind you.

Comment

Torres, it's pretty much mandatory that the shitest Scottish refs do really well on the UEFA / FIFA lists: Collum, Craig Thomson, Mike McCurry, Les Mottram etc.

I think the last guy who was highly rated by FIFA and actually any bloody use was Brian McGinlay.

Comment

Anyone know if and when MotD goes on the iPlayer/BBC site now? Just got in and missed all but the last two games and it sounds like much hilarity is on show.

Comment

torres wrote: That useless twat Collum was the ref today. How on earth did this gobshite make it so far up the FIFA list?
                  Probably has something to do with Hugh Dallas being high-up in UEFA's Refereeing Committee.

Comment

delicatemoth wrote: Hmmm. For a split second I thought a dachsund was trotting along the touchline, but it turned out to be some advert animation.
                    I saw the same one last weekend or the weekend before, and thought the same thing as well.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: Anyone know if and when MotD goes on the iPlayer/BBC site now? Just got in and missed all but the last two games and it sounds like much hilarity is on show.
                      It's repeated at 7:30am on Sundays if you feel like getting up that early. Otherwise after midnight on Monday for the iPlayer.

Comment

Am I the only person who, when Falcao's name comes up, thinks "Rock me Amadeus!"?
                        A long shot perhaps, but I suspect that somebody's thought that before.

Comment

I always thought of that with Mark Falco.

Comment

Speaking of MOTD, I had to rewind to make sure the squeaky excitable commentator actually shouted 'AND WHO ELSE BUT RADAMEL FALCAO SCORES FOR CHELSEA!!!!'

Who else, indeed.

Some extra hilarity provided by Pardew who claimed that Bolaisie's recently deceased father was 'watching from heaven' and would be proud of him.

Comment

It's like that other commentary favourite, "of all people".

Of all people, who should pop up at the far post for West Ham than...

Now if the next two words were Lucy Speed, or Derek Nimmo, or Ibrahim Mahlab. than I'd be impressed. I'm not that impressed when it turns out to be Andy Carroll, one of the eleven players on the pitch in a West Ham shirt, of all people. Of ALL people!

Comment

YOU JUST COULDN'T WRITE THIS SCRIPT

Comment

I like the 'of this world' cobblers too.

'Y'know, Clive, if you're going to make elementary defensive mistakes like the one we've just seen, the Sergio Agueros of this world will punish you sooner or later.'

Is there a parallel universe of football worlds somewhere out there or are there many Sergio Agueros in this one?
                                  Maybe that irritating baldy fucker with the brown shoes who used to do the BBC Football League highlights programme should investigate.
                                  It's not like he's doing much these days anyway.

Comment

"It goes without saying that..."

Well don't fucking say it, then.

Comment

Van Gaal has given Herrera the number 10 role today, after Depay and Januzaj both failed to make an impression in that slot. Perhaps at some point he will consider using Rooney, the most obvious candidate, in it.

Southampton are walloping Norwich 3-0, one goal from Pelle and a couple from the usually non-scoring Tadic.

Comment

He can't play Rooney as a 10 (even though that's his squad number) because we don't have any strikers.

Comment

Well, that was what I was getting at. If the window shuts with no new centre-forward there will be a lot of wigs on the green. The punters will simply bark, and rightly so.

Comment

Of all people, who should pop up at the far post for West Ham than...

Now if the next two words were Lucy Speed, or Derek Nimmo, or Ibrahim Mahlab. than I'd be impressed. I'm not that impressed when it turns out to be Andy Carroll, one of the eleven players on the pitch in a West Ham shirt, of all people. Of ALL people!
                                            I'd have thought he'd be one of the last players to score for them...

Comment

Green Calx wrote: Well, that was what I was getting at. If the window shuts with no new centre-forward there will be a lot of wigs on the green. The punters will simply bark, and rightly so.
                                              If Rooney's on the pitch, there's always a wig on the green.

Comment

Lovely little Juan Mata scores. And given we don't conceded now we've dumped the USELESS De Ge for the IMPENETRABLE Romero that's a win. May as well fuck it off and go do some gardening or whatever normal folk do on a Sunday afternoon.

Comment

Told you.

Comment

Hahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X