Next Labour Leader (and Deputy) - the vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. Like George Monbiot, I don't really join stuff.
    Why?

Comment

Don't know really.

Actually, shyness.

Comment

Cooper, 2nd pref Burnham, absolutely no 3rd or 4th pref, Bradshaw, Jowell

Comment

Just seems weird to have strong opinions about something and not want to do anything about it. Just curious really.

Comment

E10 Rifle wrote: Just seems weird to have strong opinions about something and not want to do anything about it.
            That's kind of my MO as a Labour centrist.

Comment

That's kind of the MO of most Labour centrists at the moment, judging by their overall performance.

Comment

And given the standard of their interventions, it's probably the right thing to do.

Comment

Oops, wrong thread.

Comment

Weird. Why spend so much time on a MB and then not even participate?

Anyway, assuming my vote comes through.
                    Corbyn;NOTA

Deputy;Creasy & Watson.
                    Former only as my previous MP.

Though don't really care who the Deputy is, besides Kendall, or anyone with the first names, 'Anthony Charles

Comment

Oh, that's who it is. Get lost, gonzo.

Comment

E10 Rifle wrote: Just seems weird to have strong opinions about something and not want to do anything about it. Just curious really.
                        I've concluded from this election that I should be leading the Labour Party.

Comment

Ha ha. Only just got that. Topical satire with an edge.

Comment

Just checked what is trending with the hard left and Angela Eagle as deputy seems to be the in thing.

Comment

Corbyn, then Burnham
                              Eagle, then god, dunno, perhaps hold my nose and Creasy, though I like Watson

London major: I haven't got a bloody clue. Anyone?

Comment

Burnham
                                Flint

Reasoning: Corbyn will have more than enough votes and I want a broad church, so it's partly a balancing vote. Plus, I have certain doubts about Corbyn that I don't have about Burnham.

Flint cos I

Comment

Corbyn then Burnham

Still undecided on deputy. I don't really know to be honest.

Voting Sadiq Khan for London mayor as a colleague I regularly main about centre-left Labour politics to worked for him in the civil service and said he was a top guy.

Comment

Still umming and ahhing over both national posts.

For London mayor: Khan, Abbott, none of the others.

Comment

Leader: 1. Corbyn 2. Burnham 3.Cooper

Dep: 1. Eagle 2. Watson 3. Creasy

Mayor: Like Derek, I've no clue for Mayor. I got so fed up with being bombarded by 50 emails a day from candidates that I unsubscribed from all the mailing lists.
                                      I do know I won't be voting for Tessa Minogue though.

Comment

She should be so lucky etc.

Comment

Oh it definitely won't be Gareth Thomas either. I've just actually read his pitch.
                                          It's difficult though. Khan's pitch is very pro Londoners which will go over well with the electorate. But it's very much a "by the bootstraps" stuff. No mention of housing crisis or wealth gaps or out.
                                          Woolmar and Lammy and Abbott seem to be saying the things I want to hear most I think.

Comment

I'm voting Abbott, she's a very good constituency MP.

Comment

hobbes wrote: Oh it definitely won't be Gareth Thomas either. I've just actually read his pitch..
                                              Well to go from rugby player to gay icon to London mayoral candidate is quite a stretch.

I must pay more attention to the mayoral election.

Comment

I'm voting Abbott, she's a very good constituency MP.
                                                Wouldn't you say there's an electability problem with her? She's got a bit of a "lefty hypocrite" rep over that business with her kid's schooling, and she can be a bit "Marmite" in general in her appeal.

I don't mean this pejoratively (I voted for her in the 2010 party leadership election), but I'm interested in why people sceptical about Corbyn on electability grounds would support Abbott. Not having a pop, would just be interested in your thinking on this. (Not least because I'm undecided between her and Khan meself)

Comment

She's popular, referred to as "Diane". The "lefty hypocrite" line is only trotted (!) out by people who like to accuse lefties of hypocrisy, IMO. A lot of people are sympathetic, and say that if they had a child in Hackney they would send them to a decent school, too. She lives in the borough and is involved in life here, that goes a long way. She replies to letters and really does get involved in people's problems even if they're lost or unglamorous causes.

Unlike, er, some MPs not too far away. :-)

Comment

Corbyn's got a good local reputation on those sorts of issues too, if that's who you mean.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X