IRELAND HAVE WON A MEDAL!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why would he be banned? You can call someone a cunt on here and still live to screech another day.

Anyway, I'm off down the far end of the newsroom to watch Ken Egan claim our second medal of the Games (hopefully).

Comment

Would it not have been easier to qualify for the olympics for the republic?

Comment

Would that be that next to cartoonplanters.co.uk then?

As for being banned, we know all about that at The Den, but surely it was your ignorance(of sorts) which prompted this debate, trying to undermine Irish people and all.
        Racism, which again we know plenty of sadly at the Den also, in my book.

Comment

Why would he be banned?
          Moronic and sectarian. There's a precedent, remember?

Would it not have been easier to qualify for the olympics for the republic?
          Indeed. But what's the problem, the bloke had a choice, he chose different teams at different times.

surely it was your ignorance(of sorts) which prompted this debate, trying to undermine Irish people and all. Racism, which again we know plenty of sadly at the Den also, in my book
          It wasn't. I've shown no ignorance on this thread, unlike you. Nor any racism. I haven't undermined any Irish people. So like I said, fuck off.

Comment

He hasn't written anything sectarian.

Comment

Anyway, fuck this shit. Ken Egan is 3-0 up on the Brazilian after an extremely cagey first round.

Comment

I reckon he has- planters this, non-existent country that. Buy yes, he's closer to the halfwit than the real threat end of the spectrum.

Sectarian intent, sectarian effect.

Comment

The scoring in olypic boxing is unbelievably shit. Apparently no punches were landed in the second round.

Comment

now egan has connected with a combination to the head and still there were no points. Now the judges have started giving him points now that the other guy has started staggering around the ring like a drunk.

Comment

Egan trounces the Brazilian in the third round to lead 7-0, with one more round to go.

Comment

what happened to that Irish girl who won about 14 golds in swimming in 1996, despite never having been on the radar previously.

Was she clean?

Comment

Why don't they use a variant of the deduction-from-ten-per-round, like the professionals do?

Comment

Michelle Smith was as clean as an empty barrel of testosterone.

Still, she's had at least one child since, so a happy ending of sorts.

Edit: seems she's now a qualified lawyer.

Comment

she was never caught with steroids. Two years after the games, She did hand in a piss sample that was half full of neat whiskey and got banned for two years.

I'm not joking. Neat whiskey.

Comment

Finishes 8-0 to Egan, who made the Brazilian look incredibly sluggish and ponderous.

Comment

The fastest White man on earth finished fifth in his heat and as such won't be finishing last in the final. still though fair dues to him and his dubious accolade.

Comment

Duncan Gardner wrote:
                                    Sectarian intent, sectarian effect.
                                    Surely that's you with your continually disparaging remarks about legitimate Irish sports teams or competitors?
                                    And you have the nerve to call others half-witted!

Comment

Surely that's you with your continually disparaging remarks about legitimate Irish sports teams or competitors?
                                      How? I haven't disparaged any Irish teams or competitors in the Olympics. Rather the opposite- I've congratulated all the medal winners, and merely chided other Irish posters for forgetting one of them. Of course all the Irish competitors and their teams are "legitimate"- nice turn of phrase, that. I suppose you think the ones you don't like or recognise are illegitimate? Or a target?

And you have the nerve to call others half-witted!
                                      No real nerve needed. You accuse me of dimness, based on nothing I said and basically the exact opposite of what happened in this and previous competitions. Then you ramble inanely about 'planters' and non-existent countries, while accusing me of racism and lauding your favorite teams playing in, er, non-existent countries. Each of those alone might just be a troll or wind-up, but taken together they're clear evidence that you're a halfwit. Happy now?

Comment

Right, Dunc, I'm going to Waterstone's in the morning and buying something. You were warned.

And while judging by his new moniker I am not alone in my dislike of this halfwit, this is way beyond the pale;

I suppose you think the ones you don't like or recognise are illegitimate? Or a target?
                                        That isn't an invitation to defend the comment, I don't care. It's just the most tiresome thing on three pages (this time around) of incredible tiresomeness on your part.

Comment

Right, Dunc, I'm going to Waterstone's in the morning and buying something. You were warned
                                          That's nice for you. They have a new 3 for 2 offer and give you the glossy mag if you spend £20, or have a loyalty card.

this is way beyond the pale
                                          Lighten up, you big baby. I'm just coming down to Millwall boy's level.

It's just the most tiresome thing on three pages (this time around) of incredible tiresomeness on your part
                                          No-one's forcing you to read any of it. Just like I happily ignore you droning from yer philosophy degree and defending the Pope.

Comment

Yes, but I'm not trolling. Incessantly.

And if you think I defend the Pope on much of anything, you clearly do ignore what I write.

Comment

You troll as much as I do, albeit on different issues.

Of course I'm applying a broad brush here- I couldn't instantly quote your apology for every papal bullshit, since I, er, have been ignoring them awhile. Although I hear you're less often wound up since Supine Shite Spouter left.

Comment

Fucking whatever.

Comment

Cant, Kant.

Comment

Another topic ruined.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X