Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dentist Kills And Skins Protected Lion

EDIT: Removed
    Last edited by Your Usual Table; 02-11-2021, 14:50.

Presumably he'll now be prosecuted for killing a protected animal.

Or rather, he probably won't be.

NB As a vegetarian, I'd nonetheless say that - unless you're dining on Asiatic cheetah - your own habits don't really equate with what f***heads like this are doing.

Comment

Just take a look at the prick

Comment

Cecil. Wonder who he was named after? Still a nice reminder that while we're happy as a nation to ignore the plight of African people, we'll shit tears over a lion.

Not to excuse the dentist prick, like. He's obviously a pervert both professionally and in his private life. But still.

Comment

Now there’s a man who’s gazed upon one too many naked photographs of Vladimir Putin.

Comment

Impossible.

Comment

Still a nice reminder that while we're happy as a nation to ignore the plight of African people, we'll shit tears over a lion.
              Jesus wept...

Comment

You disagree? Ok. Well David Cameron's take on the refugee situation is that he's sorry that it's disrupting people's booze runs to Calais. So. You know.

Comment

Walter Palmer.

From a publicity video he released earlier in his career -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

Comment

Not being funny but I really hope he dies a horrible death and has lots of shit happen on the way.

Comment

You disagree? Ok. Well David Cameron's take on the refugee situation is that he's sorry that it's disrupting people's booze runs to Calais. So. You know.
                      What the **** does any of this have to do with the protection of endangered species?

Comment

Nothing, man. It was an aside based on people's reactions to the story.

Comment

So, irrelevant then.

Comment

Yeah. Welcome to OTF.

Comment

I'm with EIM on this one, however tragic this is the human death toll of people trying to reach the west and the UK in particular caused by Dave and Tony's policies and then the brutal closing of all the doors and the demonisation of these people is much greater.

Comment

Jah Womble wrote: So, irrelevant then.
                                Not really that irrelevant, is it? I mean, you don't have to look very far to find people who are outraged about a lion getting shot who are advocating bringing in the army to brutalise/shoot refugees in Calais.

Obviously you can care about both, but it would be nice if the same level of opprobrium was brought upon those who are killing refugees in Calais.

Anyway, I thought the aside about the lion being called Cecil was a fairly elegant way of linking the two stories.

Comment

Well, I don't particularly like what's going on in Russia either - but it's still irrelevant to a thread about the killing of a lion.

What a bizarre thread.

Comment

I hope the refugee killers all die horrible deaths too.

Comment

MsD wrote: I hope the refugee killers all die horrible deaths too.
                                      The British people, the French police and the political machinery of the European Union?

Oh and global capitalism.

Yeah, agreed.

Comment

Okay, that's two posts that make sense to me. Thank Gawd for that.

Comment

Someone needs to pop up and indignantly protest at "African people" being characterised as one mass of suffering victims.

Comment

Ok, just to further clarify for Asterisk the Gall. I've woken up to two main news stories today. 1500 refugees trying to leg it down the channel tunnel leaving one dead, and a lion getting shot. My comment was aimed at the different reactions the two stories have brought out in people.

Comment

MsD wrote: Someone needs to pop up and indignantly protest at "African people" being characterised as one mass of suffering victims.
                                              I'm happy to do that to myself in a bit, if you like?

Comment

A link to that debate we had about Band Aid should do the trick.

Comment

Carnivorous Vulgaris wrote: Edit: To MsD

Yeah, I realise I made that mistake but couldn't think of a better phrase at the time. Perhaps I'll edit it.
                                                  Don't bother on my account, I'm more upset about the lion.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X