Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O-kay… which one of us lives in Carlisle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3016114/Man-arrested-Carlisle-six-elderly-shoppers-left-feeling-confused-upset-slapped-sneezing-public.html

(nb. Dially File link)

Walt Flanagan's Dog does, and TrL (where has he gone, BTW?) is a semi-regular visitor.

I merely pass through. Like sweetcorn.

Comment

Been in Florida. Didn't slap anyone, though christ knows I was tempted.

Comment

It's probably not even in the top half dozen weirdest local stories from the last year, it's like the end of days round here.

We did get a bona fide big news story a couple of weeks ago with a brutal murder of a local teenager, but with arrests and charges made, the local media can't say much about that now so we're back to this sort of nonsense.

Comment

The protagonist of the original post has been brought to justice.

Admits sneeze-slapping, denies spitting at a baby and shouting unpleasantness at vulnerable man.

Comment

Several years ago I got the train to Carlisle. As I stood up out of my seat I put a hand on the back of the seat in front. I'm not sure who was more embarrassed - me or the bloke in front whos wig I'd inadvertently picked up. Luckily he was staying on the train and I could make a quick getaway.

Comment

I love Carlisle. Quite a lot of that is to do with the aunt and uncle who live up there, they're great fun.

Comment

I once got the last train out of Carlisle towards Maryport on a Friday night, after a shite journey from Euston. Three pissed up blokes, upon finding the toilet locked, took it in turns to piss on the inside of the carriage door. When the conductor asked them to stop they threatened to smash his face in.

Sometimes you can just tell when people are from Whitehaven.

Comment

Walt Flanagans Dog wrote: It's probably not even in the top half dozen weirdest local stories from the last year, it's like the end of days round here.

We did get a bona fide big news story a couple of weeks ago with a brutal murder of a local teenager, but with arrests and charges made, the local media can't say much about that now so we're back to this sort of nonsense.
                  The trial of the (three) accused of the above murder has started and it is particularly grim reading, and it's not going to get any easier - I'm not sure I'm even going to keep reading the reports.

The main reason that I bring it up though is the mind boggling aspect of the sort of weaponry that *it is reported* was held by at least one of the individuals, long before the events in question - ie it *appears to be* that owning that sort of gear is just normal day to day stuff for certain people, otherwise living in relative normality in semi-detached houses, albeit in the rougher corners of town. I'm not under the illusion that I live in Camberwick Green - the constant flow of stories of local drug gangs getting busted shatters that illusion - but it brings home what a scary world it is below the surface.

Comment

The fun never ends...

Comment

I didn't realise we measured breeze blocks by volume these days. Bloody EU.

Comment

Working...
                      X