Milton Nunez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milton Nunez

Watching an old Money Programme about football agents.

Did Sunderland really pay £1.6m for him without checking him out, purely on the recommendation of Proactive?

Jeez. That's much worse than Souness falling for the Ali Dia hoax.

Milton Nunez

There's a chapter in tom bower's book about peter reid at sunderland. He's a real football man is Peter Reid. A real old school manager.

Comment

Milton Nunez

I read that, and it's good. Can recall Lilian Laslandes from it, but not Milton Nunez.

Wiki suggest Reidy was thinking of Nunez's club striking partner in Greece.

You can tell Reid was dire at Sunderland. Not even that excellent McCarthy bloke who came afterwards could deliver long term success.

Comment

Milton Nunez

Ha ha.

Lilian Laslandes had an unsuccessful loan period at Cologne. They called him "Laslandesliga".

That's up there with "Cantscorino".

Comment

Milton Nunez

hmm, that doesn't hold much water, because he only played 5 games for PAOK, having cost them an eye watering sum by greek standards. I would look with great suspicion on those two transfers, and I think that a forensic accountant would have a field day with the money flows around those two transfers.

This transfer was far more dubious than either nunez or laslandes. Just look at his subsequent career.

Comment

Milton Nunez

Strange that Wikipedia doesn't mention the sizeable crowd that turned up to see him play his first reserve team game...

...although it's more likely that 25,000 turned up to claim their first visit to a still unfinished Stadium of Light rather than for the diminuitive Honduran.

Comment

Milton Nunez

haha. about seven or eight OTFers turned up to the emirates to watch the FA youth cup semi final between Arsenal and Man utd in 2007 just so we could see the inside of the emirates, without having to sell body parts to cover the cost of a ticket.

Comment

Milton Nunez

And some of us were among the 11,000+ who went to the quarter-final where Aaron Ramsey was MotM for Cardiff but was eclipsed on the night by Jay Simpson who got a hat trick for Arsenal.

Comment

Milton Nunez

It was gibbs who scored for arsenal against united, but they lost the second leg 4-2. Gibbs was the only arsenal player to trouble the premier league. United had welbeck, james, drinkwater and chester, and maybe one or two others that I can't remember. It was really not a good game. They were all up for the tippy tappy, but without any cutting edge.

Comment

Milton Nunez

I was trying to find out the rest of the teams for the quarter final but saw that Arsenal's site says Man U's side in the semi featured "Danny Welbeck up front and Tom Cleverley at left back".

No Milton Nunez though.

Comment

Milton Nunez

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote:
                      This transfer was far more dubious than either nunez or laslandes. Just look at his subsequent career.
                      Christ.

Reid hasn't been accused of corruption in the way Redknapp and Allardyce have, has he?

Comment

Milton Nunez

he was out of management before that sort of thing started. Tom Bower's book goes as close as possible libel laws permitting.

Comment

Milton Nunez

I just remember it saying he wasted a lot of money.

Have you ever seen Premier Passions, a fly on the wall from the end of the 1996/7 season? On youtube.

Comment

Milton Nunez

I think you were supposed to read between the lines. The fact that he essentially had a chapter to himself in a book about harry redknapp, Terry Venables and Ken bates among others should tell you all you need to know.

No I haven't seen it. I'l have a look later.

Comment

Milton Nunez

Reid doesn't like losing shite.

Comment

Working...
                              X