No announcement yet.

Welsh Football (domestic) thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend Ben who used to play for them says there is very little engagement with the student body. And there's even less with the rest of the city.

Barry Town are at home next week ingoldale. They beat TNS away yesterday.

Comment

Judging by the comments on the champions' facebook page a lot of the world's gamblers weren't happy about the effect of yesterday's result on their accumulators. "FIX, FIX, FIX" they cried.

Comment

I wouldn't put much past TNS, but I doubt they'd throw a game

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
          My friend Ben who used to play for them says there is very little engagement with the student body. And there's even less with the rest of the city.

Barry Town are at home next week ingoldale. They beat TNS away yesterday.
          Unfortunately, I am away this weekend but I will definitely be up for meeting up for a game. I will be in touch.

Comment

Possibility of a game-going 'thon perhaps?

Comment

Newtown v Llandudno is live on Facebook tonight.

www.facebook.com/Sgorio

Comment

Does anyone here read / buy / write for Welsh Football magazine?

Comment

Does anyone here read / buy / write for Welsh Football magazine?
                  I subscribe

Comment

Is it worth a read for casual fans like me?
                    Last edited by Patrick Thistle; 21-12-2017, 07:28.

Comment

Is it worth a read for casual fans like me?
                      To be honest it's a bit hit and miss ... I subscribe more out of a sense of duty than anything else

Comment

OK. I have some time down in Pembrokeshire at the end of Feb / beginning of March. I've looked up and Haverfordwest County aren't playing at home. Carmarthen Town are, but their Welsh Cup tie is KO TBC. I'm not sure what the Pembrokeshire League is like and can't seem to find any fixture info for while I'm down there. Anyone got any ideas / recommendations?

Comment

So, I'm planning to use my week in Pembrokeshire to notch up another ground and go and see Carmarthen v Aberystwyth in the Welsh Cup quarter final.

Looking on the Carmarthen website I've just seen that they've sacked manager Mark Aizlewood because he's been found guilty of masterminding a £5 million scam. BBC News Report

Comment

Aizlewood's sacking's been on the cards since he was arrested last year. I wouldn't be surprised if keeping him on has been detremental to the squad and is responsible for their horrendous form this season.

Comment

Yeah. I saw that the game I might go to is between two of the bottom 3 premier league sides. Not expecting a skill-fest.

Comment

Mind you Carmarthen under Neil Smothers beat Newtown 3-2 yesterday!

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing a few goals if I go to the game.

Comment

Bala lost at home to Connahs Quay yesterday meaning TNS became WPL champions for the 7th year in a row.

Barry Town are staying up, which I'm pleased about because I've developed a soft spot for them this season. Never thought that would be the case back when I used to go and see Inter Cardiff. But times move on.

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing a few goals if I go to the game.
                                      I didn't go to this in the end as it was snowed off.

Comment

Anyone interested there's a new regular slot for Sgorio. 5.35 every Monday. The first round of fixtures had some very high scoring games.

Comment

Both TNS and Bala lost this weekend. I doubt this symbolises a more competitive league or anything.

Llanelli v Barry is live on S4C on Friday night. 7.35 kick off apparently.

Comment

In the North East Wales League last Tuesday Bellevue won 5-2 at Borras Park Albion. This was Bellevue's first ever win, having won one point from 26 games in their inaugural season with a goal difference of -263.

On Saturday they were back to their usual ways, losing 14-0 at home to Flint Mountain.

Comment

Watched the live Sgorio game.

Barry were behind for 94 minutes but nicked a point at the end. Kayne McClaggan and Barry keeper Mike Lewis both went for the ball as it was headed back across the box. I thought it was the goalie who scored at first.

Comment

There's a live match on S4C right now if anyone's interested. Cefn Druids v Llandudno.

Barry did well to beat Connahs Quay today. The Quay were top of the table yesterday and had won their first three games including against TNS.

TNS are now top on goal difference.

Comment

Cefn have gone 2-1 up following some non existent marking at a corner.

Comment

Llandudno now has a player in an old school style head bandage.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X