X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent message for PPV

Milan have a new manager. Eeek!

Urgent message for PPV

For a moment I thoght his polyester bellbottoms had caught fire.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

Zlatan is in Qatar today. Speculations running wild that it's related to a Milan move. Could be interesting.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

Ibra and Jackson Martinez could go some damage in Serie A

They would still need to sort things out at the back, though.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

Because I am usually a few days behind with viewing some of the games I want to watch each week, I tend to avoid online news outlets during the season, but I can say that there was a lot of speculation late in the season about PSG selling either Cavani or Ibra. Ibra is older and probably more expensive (not that this has been a concern for PSG). I was hoping Cavani would go because he lacks the ability to carry a side, whereas Ibra is probably among the 5-10 best players in the world right now. I don't buy the claims that Cavani has not been in top form because Ibra is playing the same position. When Ibra has been injured or suspended, Cavani has not been able to do the business very often. In short, I agree with UA, that will be a serious striking partnership if Milan buys both of these guys.

At one point Roma was supposed to buy Ibra from Ajax but he went to Juve. I often wonder if our fortunes would have been different. A lot less second place finishes and maybe another scudetto. Instead we cycled through guys like Mido, John Carew, and various one-season Italian wonders who stuck around for a year or two before fading away.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

I can't see Ibra co-existing with Totti and De Rossi for very long. It's not the way he rolls.

Then again, he was quite young then. So they may have gotten two or three seasons from him.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

ursus arctos wrote: I can't see Ibra co-existing with Totti and De Rossi for very long. It's not the way he rolls.

Then again, he was quite young then. So they may have gotten two or three seasons from him.
              Roma does seem to have a problem keeping coaches (although they don't have a monopoly when it comes to this issue) and they do rotate through a lot of strikers so perhaps there's something to Totti's control of that locker room.

FYI, Football Italia is reporting that Ibra is staying with PSG after meeting with club officials.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

Why was this an 'urgent' message for PPV? Was he in the frame?

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

How do you feel about this PPV? I mean having a violent racist ultra-nationalist cunt like Mihailovic managing your team? Not only that a violent racist cunt who is most famous for his role in that 1991 Yugoslavian Cup Final which was one of the steps on the road to all out war between Serbia and Croatia?

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

ad hoc wrote: How do you feel about this PPV? I mean having a violent racist ultra-nationalist cunt like Mihailovic managing your team? Not only that a violent racist cunt who is most famous for his role in that 1991 Yugoslavian Cup Final which was one of the steps on the road to all out war between Serbia and Croatia?
                    He's probably used to it. Boban used to play for them after all.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

It was often remarked admiringly of Boban, in adoring profiles of him in places like the Observer, that he used to read the works of Nietzsche for pleasure.

For some reason, the journalist invariably ran out of space before any of the possible negative implications of someone being a huge Nietzsche fan could be discussed.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

I should mention at this point that there is zero evidence of Boban being a fascist. I just always thought it was odd that him being a Nietzsche enthusiast was always heavily implied to be automatically a good thing.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

He is a right winger, like all nationalists from former Yugoslavia.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

Good think that's settled, then.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

ad hoc wrote: How do you feel about this PPV? I mean having a violent racist ultra-nationalist cunt like Mihailovic managing your team? Not only that a violent racist cunt who is most famous for his role in that 1991 Yugoslavian Cup Final which was one of the steps on the road to all out war between Serbia and Croatia?
                              Haven't given it much thought. I don't care much that he's Serbian. And there are so many coaches out there who are nutheads in one way or another, in various degree.

The last nationalistic thing I can remember where he was involved was when he kicked out Adem Ljajic for not singing the Serbian anthem ahead of a game. Ljajic was born in Serbia by Muslim parents.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

I didn't imagine his Serbianness would bother you (I've never got that vibe from you). But the Ljajic thing, the Vieira thing, the 1991 thing, the general being a cunt thing. It doesn't bother you at all? It would bother the fuck out of me if Milan was my team.

However, you have answered my question, and it was a genuine questions, so thanks.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

It's not that I refuse to answer it. Milan have such huge problems already before Mihajlovic. Sinisa is an angle in a pride parade rainbow colored suit compared to Berlusconi. I've had such hight hopes for Silvio to bugger off that I feel a bit numb about the whole pre-season thing.

The 1991 thing, the whole country was in a state of lunacy. A lot of people have moved on from it and I get a feeling he has to.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

One thing which bothers me immensely is why Tassotti never got the head coach job. He's been assistant for over a decade now at Milan. Is he not offered the position, does he not want it?

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

My understanding is that Silvio doesn't think that he has a "big" enough name and personality, which is nuts.

Comment

Urgent message for PPV

It appears that Milan have have had both Jackson Martinez and Geoffrey Kondogbia "stolen" from under their noses, with Inter being willing to offer Monaco performance bonuses on top of a 40 million euro fee for Kondogbia and Atletico Madrid being willing to meet Jackson Martinez' 35 million euro release clause.

Comment

Working...
                                        X