Bread Puns Here - Scottish Fitba 15/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ach it's just en masse ye freak me out. Went too far with the bluenose thing on the Holyrood thread, I don't think ye are all zombies! But those fucking songs...

Comment

A fitting postscript?

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2015/08/26/dozens-arrested-after-thai-tims-clash-with-thai-huns/

https://medium.com/@Scarlet_Lady10/its-class-stupid-6e28cc0f74b4#.niv908luz

http://wingsoverscotland.com/amongst-the-bears/

Comment

Some may conceivably like to know that the Junior Cup Final between Beith Juniors and Pollok is live on BBC Alba on Sunday, 29th May. Programme starts at 3.55pm, kickoff is 4.05pm.

Comment

Game kicks off several minutes late, Champions League style, in bright sunshine and a far better atmosphere than any of Alba's SPL highlights I've seen this season. Pollok having the better of the early play.

Comment

A Pollok header drifts just wide of the post in the nearest to a goal so far. One of their midfielders has his hair in a number two crop all over, dyed white on the left and black on the right (or possibly the other way round).

The match is being played at Kilmarnock. I know this because of the large ad in one corner of the ground that reads Say AYE To A Killie Pie.

Comment

Best chance so far, a Pollok counter attack that led to a lovely flighted ball towards the far post that was unfortunately volleyed about 50 feet over. Beith not really in it so far.

Comment

Tremendous last-ditch tackle prevents Pollok from taking the lead. The only occasions Beith have been in the opposition area have been a few corners of questionable delivery.

Comment

The commentary is in Gaelic, but they switch to English to speak to a pundit. General agreement that the game has gone "a wee bit stuffy". Still 0-0, five minutes to half time.

Comment

Ooof. Cracking volley by the Beith number nine is tipped over by the backpedalling Pollok keeper. Best effort on goal so far, although the resulting corner is unsurprisingly abysmal.

Comment

And it's Beith Juniors 0-0 Pollok at half time. Alba's coverage goes to video profiles of the two clubs, starting with Beith's cheery chairman.

Comment

The Pollok video focuses on their forwards Robbie and David Winters, 41 and 34 respectively.

Comment

Beith looking much brighter in the opening few minutes of the second half, but a goal would at this stage be awesome.

Comment

And Beith go in front, a long ball forward is well controlled by the striker who beats the defender and shows some decent composure to stick it inside the far post. Darren Christie the scorer.

Comment

Pollok withstand a fair bit of pressure and then grab an equaliser as sub Robbie Winters pokes in a rebound off the post. 1-1.

Comment

Beith just off target with a decent shot from the edge of the area and all of a sudden it's a pretty lively game.

Comment

Beith go close twice more in injury time, but it finishes 1-1 and that's probably fair. Going into extra time the winners will be the ones who can keep their heads in front of goal.

Comment

Oooh, it's straight to penalties.

Comment

Pollok o o x x o
                                      Beith x o o o o

Beith win 4-3 on penalties after a 1-1 draw, their big lad keeper the hero with two tidy saves. All in all a very enjoyable game, played out in front of a noisy and enthusiastic crowd.

So anyway, Rangers, eh?

Comment

It's Italy 0-0 Scotland at half time in Malta. Pretty dull. Nothing offered in attack by Scotland yet. Anya's probably our best chance of getting something going, but he seems to be playing wing back so is having to defend a lot.

I'm going to come out and say it - I like the pink Scotland kit.

Comment

Full time - Italy 1-0 Scotland. Meh.

Comment

I see Paddy Power have stepped up the bantz with a Tartan Army pastiche of Vindaloo

Er, kuntz.

Comment

Lol top bantz from Paddypower! Their product is horrible enough but their ads rival the shite Michael O Leary used to take out in the papers for sheer shitbaggery.

Comment

Just popping back in to this thread to say thanks to GdSC for making me aware of Michael Grant's Fergie-At-Aberdeen book - I've now got hold of a copy, and it's cracking stuff.

Comment

Snap! I ordered it too. Haven't started it yet though.

Michael Grant owes Geoffrey a couple of pints.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X