Bread Puns Here - Scottish Fitba 15/16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a couple of years of this at Brentford. It's all a bit stale now.

Comment

But a few crumbs of comfort for Rangers after their failure to win promotion.

Comment

I think somebody that used to work in the city of London might be a bit pan loafy for the Rangers fans.

Comment

The results of Rangers' general meeting have been released.

46% of shareholders are in favour of paying back Mike Ashley's loan, 54% against.

62.5% want the Sports Direct deal renegotiated, 37.5% say leave it as it is.

Comment

So Rangers have opted against paying back their debts? Tradition.

Comment

Says the Clydebank supporter...

Anyway, not paying Ashley back his dodgy loan is the first thing we've done for ages that's made me proud. Stuff him, he'll get it some day no doubt, in the meantime I hope the club continue to play hard ball with him. I'll live with that tradition for once.

Comment

I thought Samaras played for Celtic.

Does anyone know if the loan contains a clause that allows for this? Or is it just a straight up challenge for Ashley to sue the club?

Comment

Ashley went to court in England and Scotland simultaneously to enforce confidentiality clauses in the sports direct contracts, so I doubt we know for sure.

We do know that Rangers lack the dough to pay back the loan unless a very large number of season tickets are sold.

Interesting that so may shareholders abstained, shows neither faction actually in control?

Comment

It was a 'loan' given to the club at the height of his machinations, it has no date it has to be repaid by but Ashley holds Murray Park training ground as security against the loan.

When Ashley made the 'loan' he controlled the club and expected to control the club in the future, this loan was meant to cement that control.
                    Now he's lost control the people running the club are using the loan as leverage in an attempt to renegotiate the retail deal he put in place that by all accounts is ridiculously skewed to Sports Direct to the point of being punitive. As mentioned by AFC42 Ashley took out an injunction to prevent the club making details of the agreement public.

His EGM call and request for repayment was simply another round in this fight and an attempt to put pressure on the club. I thought the club actually handled it pretty well.

The support is split on this. Many simply want Ashely as far away from Rangers as possible and see paying him off as worth it. Others see the bigger picture and are comfortable holding on to his £5 million interest free loan until it suits the club to repay it.

I don't think the finances are as bad as some people think (or hope), but there are more important areas of the club to spend money on currently. We've appointed a new management team, a new CEO and a new Finance Director this week, we need to get some players too. These things will all take priority over Ashley unless he gives some ground on the retail deal.

The club needs to stand on its on feet, it can't keep relying on shareholders to fund it.

Comment

Ashley will go to the courts, keep calling for EGM, interdicts etc until and unless he gets a satisfactory response from RIFC on the questions he raised reference not having a NOMAD, delisting and manipulation, in his opinion, of the share price by the members of this board prior to their coup.
                      The Rangers news this week has moved on to football but the spivvery is hard to shake off.

Comment

Sorry I'm having a slow day here. What's the relevance between Scottish football and bread? I must have missed something obvious.

Comment

I see Celtic are putting a gravestone on their new kit.

RIP, YNWA, Ad Nauseum

Comment

Paul S wrote: Sorry I'm having a slow day here. What's the relevance between Scottish football and bread? I must have missed something obvious.
                            Well you haven't read the thread for a start

Comment

Rangers ex Brentford manager Warburton. Same name as a supermarket bread company. That's it really.

Comment

Ah thank-you earnest. That's soda a problem for me.

Comment

Celtic had the same cross, though much bigger, on one of the kits a couple of years ago to coincide with the 125th anniversary of the club.

Comment

First time I remember seeing it was on Sellick's centenary strip (used during the 87-88 and 88-89 seasons).

SPFL fixtures are out on Friday. No rush, it's not like our league season starts a week before England's (and whose fixtures have already been published).

Comment

Fixtures are out:

http://spfl.co.uk/premiership/fixtures/
                                      http://spfl.co.uk/championship/fixtures/
                                      http://spfl.co.uk/league-one/fixtures/
                                      http://spfl.co.uk/league-two/fixtures/

New Firm derby aside, that's a whole pile of "meh" for the opening day of the Premier.

Comment

blameless wrote: Fixtures are out:

http://spfl.co.uk/premiership/fixtures/
                                        http://spfl.co.uk/championship/fixtures/
                                        http://spfl.co.uk/league-one/fixtures/
                                        http://spfl.co.uk/league-two/fixtures/

New Firm derby aside, that's a whole pile of "meh" for the opening day of the Premier.
                                        Nicely sliced, with the championship and league one fixtures sandwiched between the other two.

Comment

Celtic have made Jay Beatty their new club ambassador. Great gesture.

Comment

HMRC investigating St Mirren over failure to pay minimum wage to players including the £1 per week contract given to youngster Kieran Doran.

Doran's contract would actually have seen him as the highest earner at Jim McLean's Dundee Utd.

Comment

We have a Nacho Novo sighting-he just racked up a hattrick for Carolina Railhawks over here on the weekend.

Comment

What level are they playing at jefe? He struggled to get into the Morton two seasons ago. He's one of those players that home fans love and the opposition hate. He makes up for a lack of ability by working harder than anyone else on the pitch, something that goes down well in Scotland. At 36 he'll do well to keep those levels of energy up though.

No mention of Celtic signing a cannibal? Perhaps they thought by combining 'Jaws' Cifcti with racists Griffith and Tonev they'd get the equivalent of Luis Suarez. The 6 match ban he's just got helps cement the similarity. If he's biting people in Dundee derbies he should be one to watch if he ever gets to play against us.

Comment

Rare moral highground there. How's it feeling?

Comment

Tonev has left the club, thank god.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X