Behind Blue Eyes by Stevie, on Flickr

All Tomorrows Parties by Stevie, on Flickr

Aint It Fun by Stevie, on Flickr

Glasgow Stands In For Philadelphia by Stevie, on Flickr

Harold lloyd by Stevie, on Flickr

Heartbreak Hotel by Stevie, on Flickr

bowl by Stevie, on Flickr

Comment

There all great but the Gordon Strachan one is my favourite.

Comment

Comment

I like that ferry pic Amor.

Comment

Oooo. That's very cool! Love the colour and the "pearl necklaces" within the bubbles. Do you have a new camera/lens?

Comment

No it's still the iPhone 6 Plus. This thread is just teaching me to keep my eyes peeled.

It's a portion of frozen (vegan) Bolognese sauce thawing in a re-used takeaway container. The "string" of pearls reflecting are the LEDs underneath the shelf above.

Comment

A statue of Pegasus in the Slovenian spa town of Rogaška Slatina. You'll notice his hoof is polished from the touch of passers-by, presumably it is thought to bring them health or good fortune. Less visibly in my photo, the statue has a decent set of meat and two veg on it and it can't just be me who's thinking that these would be the well-rubbed shiny bits if the statue was in the UK?

Late afternoon sun in Ptuj, from the bridge over the Drava.

Comment

Taken today. The sun was hitting the buildings just right, but I let my cameras sit so long that their batteries were dead. Fortunately, I had a spare for my GM1, but by the time I put it in the camera and went back to the window, the sun had already shifted. Anyway, here's a cropped version of the photo.

P1020024_1 by brentitude, on Flickr

Comment

Lovely

Comment

What is that odd ski-jump of a building?

Comment

Via 57 West

Comment

Zowee! That's something. And there are rental units available.

Comment

The “affordable” units they provided in return for zoning variances were 100+ times over subscribed.

Public transport is an issue, as the closest subway is almost a mile away. The hemicycle to the right of it in the photo is part of a 60s “motor inn” that was bought by the Chinese Government about 20 years ago, which now serves as a kind of dormitory for their junior and mid-level diplomatic staff.

Comment

I have always wondered what that building was (the Chinese one). UA, is that taller building under construction in my photo the one where the guy shot his former boss a week or two ago?

Comment

That does appear to be the case, yes

Comment

Rufus Fuch/Stevie: I love your photos!

Comment

I love Les' one of Ptuj. Reminds me of Sisley paintings.

Comment

I agree. I also love the Pegasus one.

Comment

Got some catching up to do here, so let's start with the mundanity of travelling on the Moscow Metro.

Mayakovskaya

Komsomolskaya (x2)

Belorusskaya

Dinamo

Novoslobodskaya (x2)

Lubyanka

Comment

Some more on my recurring theme of 'Nice views captured as a by-product of hiking into the uplands to watch rally cars'

Early morning mist in Shepherdshield, on the southern edge of Kielder forest.

And a couple of cautious deer tippy-toeing across the track a short while later

The view over the M74 motorway from Greskine forest

A different view of Greskine, looking south towards Lockerbie

Three shots from the Myherin forest/windfarm in mid-Wales, taken on the British round of the World Rally Championship.

Last edited by Third rate Leszno; 24-11-2017, 19:52.

Comment

Love the NY ones.

Comment

Oh, and the Moscow Metro! Fabulous.

Comment

We really are getting some amazing quality on here. Definitely drifting from the Mundane. But I'm sure I'll be able to redress the balance soon.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                                    X