Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by San Bernardhinault View Post
    Oh, I assumed it was amber and this was the start of your cunning plan to build a theme park out of the DNA of extinct animals.
    That's what most people thought, which was kind of what I expected. The dark shadowy areas at the rear are more dead flies.
    Last edited by Amor de Cosmos; 18-09-2018, 18:04.

Comment

Not a technically brilliant photo by any stretch, but I like the moment it captures:

Comment

The couple will love it.

Comment

That's really cool, AdC.

Comment

Thanks FF. Much appreciated

Comment

Apologies to arachnophobes:

Comment

Oh very nice AdC but one or two won’t be happy with you!

Comment

This is Meadow Lea, our local Big House. Slightly less glamorous than its appearance, it's named after a margarine brand, and gets a mention on the brand's Wikipedia page.

In the twelve years we've lived in the suburb there have been various efforts to sell or subdivide the quadruple plot, and finally a neighbouring house is being built. And it's a fascinating progress compared to most of the tat going up; a painstakingly crafted faux Deco with proper double brick and very careful plastering over the curved corners.

Whatever one's feelings on "retro" housing it seems it will be a complementary neighbour.

Comment

I haven't posted one of these for a while

Comment

wow- that's great FF!

Comment

Is that all Ursus's house, or is some of it owned by someone else?

Lovely photo.

Comment

A bit south of our lair, including the southernmost bit of Trumpistan, a tower where I was offered preferential financing for a flat if I had joined a different law firm and a garbage wharf with a world class view.

Great photo. This is the time of year when the late afternoon light is the best.

Comment

A bit south of our lair, including the southernmost bit of Trumpistan, a tower where I was offered preferential financing for a flat if I had joined a different law firm and a garbage wharf with a world class view.

Great photo. This is the time of year when the late afternoon light is the best.

Comment

Thanks, Nef and SB. Everything to the left of the Empire State Bldg belongs to UA.

Comment

You should see the tax losses. . .

Comment

UA, thanks. For some reason I can never fully capture what I'm seeing with my eyes. I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the sun was lighting up the side of the ESB, which is why I grabbed the camera. It's disappointing.

Comment

This is always the case and will never cease to be frustrating.

I believe that fact is at the root of many techniques of image manipulation.

The Riverside South buildings aren't timeless architecture, but they are such an improvement on Trumpistan to the north.

Comment

Here's a photo from December 2012. It's incredible how many buildings have gone up since then.

NYC-December 2012 by brentitude, on Flickr

Comment

Love your pictures, FF.

Comment

Looking at the latter picture it's hard to fathom how there's any space for new buildings but the city of NY never ceases to surprise.

Comment

Greenlander, it is pretty incredible. It's been fascinating to have a front row view of all of the changes over the last six years. There is always something going up.

Thanks, MsD!

Comment

100 Years of Change in New York's Skyline: 1920 - 2020

Comment

That's a great chart.

Comment

It's a cool clear night, so I took advantage.

Comment

Excellent photos those and interesting to see the progressing skyline. I wonder what London is like?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X