No announcement yet.

Mundane Thread Photographic Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walking past Smithfield market a couple of weeks ago, the service doors were open so I took a quick snap on my phone.

Comment

That’s really great. Creates an emotional response in some way I can’t explain or articulate.

Comment

Some more random phone shots from the last couple of months.

St.Vincent Street, Glasgow

Waiting for rally cars after a long hike, Kielder forest

Dockland Liverpool, during a lunchtime wander

Carlisle fans at Morecambe

Mural, Manchester

Comment

Some lovely photos being shared on here. Love the reflection of Liverpool docks.

Comment

Life-size Scalextric, Narborough, nr. Leicester.

EDIT: Apologies for size, it took me three goes just to get it to post, never mind resizing.

Comment

Simple free site for image storage and re-sizing:

https://postimages.org/

Middle box allows you to control size

Comment

Thanks, AdeC!

Comment

One of the (six) flights during our recent hols was in one of the new Boeing 787s. Nice. But they've decided to replace window blinds with a controllable (not controllable) blue tint, the idea being darken or lighten to taste. Whilst I struggled with the control, at a medium level it added a pleasant filter to the view:

Comment

Originally posted by Antepli Ejderha View Post
                    Some lovely photos being shared on here. Love the reflection of Liverpool docks.
                    Glasgow for me, I can hear the sound of the car tyres on the wet road. And the Smithfield one, but I don't want to look at it.

Comment

https://imgur.com/8878Lwf

Killiney Bay.

https://imgur.com/Yld5nY5

Some Richer’s decent back garden view there.

Even the mid market superstores are twee as fuck in Affluent as fuck Dalkey.

https://imgur.com/1DzivFa

Won’t let me upload the panorama over Killiney bay from the top of the hill onto Imgur, easy the best photo of the day.

Think my browser is what’s stopping me using the images post function. I gonna PM bomb Snake on his holidays to make sure but. He’s good like that.
                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 23-06-2018, 17:48.

Comment

Algae covered lake at Clumber Park today. Also note the damaged bridge after someone drove their car into it in the spring (there's a fence to stop people falling in)

Comment

Nice stuff both. Spoony a couple of those look more like the Riviera.

So on your Imgur, isn't there an option to select from a set of links? I've managed to avoid using the app and still on the web version, but if I select one of my images there's a dropdown like this:

Select the Direct Link, copy that and it should give a URL ending with jpg. Just embedden that in [img] boxes.

Comment

Cheers Sits, will try that when not knackered. yeah County Dublin in the sunshine is just incredible. The morra to be even hotter, will have to try find at least an hour to get to a park at least.

Comment

Yay! Pictures! Can post on safari and not Opera. Phoenix Park looking glorious.

Last edited by Lang Spoon; 30-06-2018, 02:04.

Comment

Hanging with the herd. They have no fear and not a little disdain toward people.

Comment

Mini White House for a Mini Man President.

Comment

Killiney Hill and Bay last weekend. Pretending to be on the Med. The imugur app seems to accept panorama shots.
                                    Last edited by Lang Spoon; 30-06-2018, 02:48.

Comment

If it weren’t for the Soft Green of the island this bit of Dalkey could be a few hundred miles further south too.
                                      Last edited by Lang Spoon; 30-06-2018, 02:41.

Comment

Stunning.

Comment

Apart from being a tight Scots git looking for a cheap date, I’ve got to get her Gingerness from my incessant mentions in the Mundane Proper thread over to the park soon. She’s never seen Phoenix Park apart from the zoo despite living in Skerries her whole life.

The zoo is the worst part about the park (half the size and generally more cramped than Edinburgh zoo, which is an inhumane Victorian freakshow compared to something spacious as fuck but still fucked up like Prague zoo)
                                          Last edited by Lang Spoon; 30-06-2018, 04:17.

Comment

The view over the Greater Manchester conurbation from Kinder Plateau today. If you look closely you can see a grey tint stretching across the horizon - that's the lingering smoke from the Saddleworth Moor fire.

Comment

Lovely stuff Lang Spoon and Langeared.

Comment

That sky.

Comment

That’s a blue I never thought I’d see above Manchester.

Comment

Much more mundane, I mentioned on the MLB thread that at Petco Park we got soft-serve served in one of these little plastic beauties (other way up when it has ice-cream in it, of course). It's utterly trivial, but for some reason made me inordinately happy.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X