Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things you can do when you're good at a sport...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diggedy derek wrote: I was always amazed at how tennis players could throw a ball directly up in the air, time and again.
    Except for those who seemingly can't.

As ursus says, the ball juggling things are really not that difficult, and if you can do one bat and ball sport to a vaguely decent amateur standard you can probably manage them all.

Comment

Spinning a basketball one one finger

Federer's "through the legs" tennis shot

Tennis "keepy uppy"

Judo stars being good at Superstars

Huge boxers who can skip rope

Comment

Mumpo wrote: Then there must be some sports where there's nothing you can do. You never see darts players balancing their darts point-first on the ends of their fingers, for instance.
        They do this trick where they throw darts and they hit the bullseye. I think it's pretty amazing.

Comment

May I respectfully direct you to my opening post?

Comment

Pietro Paolo Virdis wrote:
            Originally posted by MsD
            Table tennis. Not the players who have da skillz there, eh.
            I've seen a table tennis player lobb another mid-game. It's impossible to describe with words but one of those fuck-me-what-did-I-just see moments
            Reviving this thread because of some Table Tennis action that I've just found, which appears to be real and seemingly legal. ursus noted that the racquet sport ball catching tricks are not all that, and generally they are purely used for showboating. This, however...

Comment

I have just realised that I am not very good at any sports but can do a lot of things connected with them in the spirit of this thread

Keepy-uppy (much like all those keepy uppy record holders who can't play actual football to any great degree).
              Kicking a ball into my hands from a standing start on the floor.
              Picking up a tennis ball between the racquet and the side of my foot and flicking it up to catch.
              Doing keepy uppy with a tennis ball and a racquet where you bounce the ball on one face of the racquet then the side of the frame and then the other face of the racquet. I think I can do the same with a table tennis racquet.
              I can ride a bike for ages without hands - including around slight bends - and certainly for much longer than a middle aged man should demonstrate.
              I can dribble a basketball through my legs.

In thinking about it, I am really good at yo-yoing which is all tricks really.

It's not much to show for a life.

Comment

Wear a uniform
                Other players check you out

Comment

Working...
                X