Islamic State Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Islamic State Watch

IS is now broadening it's war and sphere of influence, the attack on the Taliban in Afghanistan and the beheading of ten Taliban has been reported in the West but their move into Gaza has not where they appear to be taking on Hamas.

There were reports of Iran and the Taliban meeting last month and now this attack which gives credibility to this improbable alliance but what about the move into Gaza? Israel has been accused of supporting IS in the war in Syria and if this is true they really have last lost the plot.

Israel has been aiding the Kurds of Northern Iraq and by implication the Kurds of Syria, the YPG.

Islamic State Watch

Perhaps IS and the Taliban will kill each other off.

The whole thing is a complete fucking mess, isn't it?

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Antonio Pulisao wrote: Perhaps IS and the Taliban will kill each other off.

The whole thing is a complete fucking mess, isn't it?
      It is, if Pakistan is still supporting the Saudi invasion of Yemen where does that leave their interest in the Taliban? This is such a fluid conflict with ever changing alliances I can see why Russia and China have backed the status quo.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Israel has been accused of supporting IS in the war in Syria and if this is true they really have last lost the plot.
        It's not.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

They've bombed and attacked Syria and its allies which has indirectly helped IS TonTon, do you not think they've gone that little bit further?

An IS presence in Gaza would have them worried, but it would also weaken Hamas, and Hamas is a group they supported to weaken the PLO. Perhaps I'm reading too much into things here.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

I don't see any evidence for their having gone any further, no. A few silly conspiracy-based blog posts, but no evidence.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

As much as as Israel might want to wipe out Hamas, I can't believe they would do so by replacing them with an even more violent and unpredictable alternative.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Yeah it seems unlikely from the tactical point of view. Though of course Israel is capable of being stupid as well as murderous.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Sean of the Shed wrote: As much as as Israel might want to wipe out Hamas, I can't believe they would do so by replacing them with an even more violent and unpredictable alternative.
                  Well, that's exactly what they did with the PLO. They funded and assisted Hamas under the table in order to get Arafat out of the way, and look where it got them. Most of the people running the show in Israel are as thick as cow shit.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

The divide and rule nature of it seems to make sense to me, they weakened the PLO by promoting Hamas, now that Hamas is in complete control of Gaza and is no longer on Egypt's terror list perhaps this is their move to weaken Hamas.

Australia is now saying that IS is developing chemical weapons. They probably have captured stocks in Syria and have previously been accused of using them in Iraq.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Assad HAS and HAS USED chemical weapons in Syria.

(Sorry, I'm sure you know this. It's just a bit frustrating when people prefer scare stories about Daesh to considering the reality of what Assad is and does)

Comment

Islamic State Watch

I agree with you on this TonTon. It's not a simple choice of either Assad or IS. However Assad was never a genuine threat to the region, IS is and it know appears it is expanding out of the region to Afghanistan and Gaza.

When Assad was harbouring Ocalan and the PKK Turkey said either give him up or we invade, Assad promptly kicked him out and sparked the chain of events that lead to Ocalan being delivered into the hands of Turkey by Mossad. How things have changed since then.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Can't read the subject line without thinking about this non-story.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Antepli Ejderha wrote: However Assad was never a genuine threat to the region, IS is and it know appears it is expanding out of the region to Afghanistan and Gaza.
                            And Lebanon, Libya, Sinai, Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Jordan.

Met up with an old colleague of mine on leave from Kurdistan. Surprised to hear she could still use road transport between Erbil and Baghdad. On another note, bumped into another old colleague at a conference recently who had lived in Libya for the past 40 years and had to be emergency evacuated to the UK with her family after MI6 discovered her name on a kidnap target hit-list.

Sadly, I think IS are the only group with the necessary force to bring stability back to the tribal parts of the region. Those areas which are not divided by tribal affiliations need the hard-line dictator path demonstrated by Egypt. It's all a colossal f*ck-up for which Bush and Blair and all their cronies should pay for eternally.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Yeah, but y'all don't like Israel!

(Toffee flavoured, please. And, bring it on.)

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Met up with an old colleague from mine. Surprised that he could leave Jerusalem. He could, but he had to run like fuck, because, he didn't want to be "Border Patrol".

He is now alive and well, and living in... elsewhere.

If you all could deal with your own personal shit, you would realise that some of us, had to be there. Yes, sorry, we had to be there. And it fucking hurt. We don't want to be there. We didn't want to be there, but, we understand why you lot hate us.

I hate tattoo's, but I have a huge cedar tree on my eyelid. Never Forget, eh? (quoting from a n other)

I have no dog in this fight, but the Israel-phobia on this board, is.. encroyable.

"We" don't likefighting, andwedont like death.

Yet, we love ... oh fuck off. I will call you out individually.

I reserve the right to hold these views, through a massive shit-storm.

And, no amount of x, is going to make me backtrack. Pass that toffee (Palestinian-flavoured) popcorn.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

(oh, shit!)

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Before you all jump in, do you hate the country, or the people?

Because, for all the shit in the world, you have to realise, that it was not of our choice.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Sorry, I'm lost now. Have you become an Israeli during the last months?

Comment

Islamic State Watch

gerontophile wrote: Before you all jump in, do you hate the country, or the people?

Because, for all the shit in the world, you have to realise, that it was not of our choice.
                                        Can't speak for everyone, but my own beef is the ones running the place, in particular the apartheid like treatment of Palestinians, the illegal settlements and their sledgehammer on nut retaliation in Gaza.
                                        The Jewish conspiracy theory shit makes me sick, it's creeping towards the propaganda the Nazis used in some cases.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

In the words of my Israeli friend just before he did his three years army service: "Now I have to go and patrol the West Bank to protect these stupid old Americans who want to live in the middle of the desert just to piss off the Paletinians."

Hopefully there are more like him. Shalom.

I think the problem with Israel is that three years mandatory military service is a long time and a lot of kids come out of it brainwashed for the rest of their lives.

Comment

Islamic State Watch

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article42057.htm

Any thoughts?

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Sean of the Shed wrote:
                                              Originally posted by gerontophile
                                              Before you all jump in, do you hate the country, or the people?

Can't speak for everyone, but my own beef is the ones running the place, in particular the apartheid like treatment of Palestinians, the illegal settlements and their sledgehammer on nut retaliation in Gaza.
                                              The Jewish conspiracy theory shit makes me sick, it's creeping towards the propaganda the Nazis used in some cases.
                                              I'm with Sean on this. How many people have they locked up without trial?

Comment

Islamic State Watch

I do not agree with Israel on so many things, this being one.

The comment above, about rich Americans is really cutting.

(WHATABOUTERY ALERT)

Doesn't matter what the government of Israel do. The minority of the people do not want this shit to happen. But, the minority is growing.

And, to the person above, asking me if I had suddenly (almost said Suedennly) turned into an Israeli... no.

It was not sudden.

shalom

Comment

Islamic State Watch

Yeah, most Israelis just want to live in Tel Aviv or Haifa or wherever and go about their lives.

Unfortunately there is hardcore small minority obsessed about settling in the West Bank who seem to hold a lot of political clout.

What annoyed my Israeli friend the most is that the older American Jews who decide to settle in the West Bank never did military service themselves. He saw them somewhat as parasites of the Israeli state.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X