Transfers summer 2015 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, they did fire the racist Norwegian scout.

Comment

Apparently two of our targets are Sunderland's Duncan Watmore (presumably on loan) and Tranmere's Max Power (named after the family dog, apparently). Can't see the latter signing if as rumoured we're competing with Wigan and Shrewsbury for him and a fee would be involved.

Comment

Well i cannot say i am overly surprised however as i haven't lived at home for a good Number of years, What has happened? I guess it involves the board? and what is happening with the proposed New Stadium?
        Third rate Leszno wrote: Carlisle have already signed Jason Kennedy (ex-Bradford, spent arse end of last season on loan with us), Michael Raynes (ex-Mansfield) and Luke Joyce (ex-Carlisle and most recently at Accrington).

I'm pleased they're getting some deals done early as all the signs are that things are descending into turmoil off the field.

Comment

Poor Aidy Ward. Forever being taken out of context.

“I don’t care about the PR of the club and the club situation. I don’t care,” Ward is quoted as telling the Evening Standard. “He is definitely not signing. He’s not signing for £700, £800, £900 thousand a week. He is not signing.

“My job is to make sure I do the best with them [my clients]. If people say I am bad at my job, or they are badly advised it does not matter.”...

...Ward’s comments, which he has reportedly claimed were off the record and taken out of context
          I wonder what the context actually was?

Comment

I liked it where he called Carragher a knob.

Comment

Threatening legal action, apparently.
              And Liverpool have pulled out of talks.

Comment

Not Carragher, I hasten to add. He wouldn't have an inside leg to stand on.

Comment

Wolves have signed Jed Wallace from Pompey for £275,000.

He has great potential and needs to move on to fully realise it. Fulham were rumoured to be interested but I think Wolves is a better choice for him.

While he still has a lot of development ahead of him, his goals pretty much stopped us being relegated. Which is why I'm not alone in feeling Wolves have got a bit of a bargain - but it was always going to be the case due to the low buyout clause in his contract.

But... I don't know one Pompey fan who begrudges him this move. The consensus is that he deserves his chance.

Comment

does anyone else remember that the last thing that The hicks and Gillette regime did was give Jamie Carragher a £100k a week contract to thank him for his loyalty during their difficult times?

Comment

The Inner Light wrote: Well i cannot say i am overly surprised however as i haven't lived at home for a good Number of years, What has happened? I guess it involves the board? and what is happening with the proposed New Stadium?
                      Rather than totally derail the transfer thread with a long rant, I'll summarise it thus:

1) Local businessman and fan puts forward modest cash injection and proposal for community focused approach.

2) Board go along with it until the 11th hour.

3) Board pull story about billionaire overseas investor out of their arse and issue press release asking local businessman to step aside for 3 weeks while they talk to billionaire.

4) Local businessman understandably disappointed with any lack of consultation, withdraws his proposed deal.

I'd be willing to bet that step 5 involves the billionaire deciding not to pursue their interest, or turning out to be a waiter in a curry house like the fella who was going to buy Knighton out.

Comment

I hope Sterling signs for Manchester United, just to see the mental gymnastics required by some people.

Comment

Scunny are signing Stephen Dawson from Rochdale.

Seems a decent tough midfield bastard who can play a bit.

Like coach Andy, he is one of three footballing Dawson brothers, one of whom is called Kevin.

Something to talk about on the long away journeys.

Comment

It's very, very hard to envisage Liverpool selling a player to Man United. They would probably rather sell him to Club X for £25m than to United for £40m.

It wouldn't really be worth Sterling's while either. His life would be made very hard.

And where would he play? Depay has just arrived, and Young has had a fairly good season, probably the best of United's outfield players (not saying much admittedly).

Comment

Lukasz Fabianski has a £4 million release clause in his contract apparently. Dortmund are allegedly interested and Swansea are set to offer him an improved deal. I hope he doesn't have Sterling's agent.

Comment

Club X haven't got that kind of money.

Comment

I was reading the other day that when the new TV deal kicks in, Bournemouth will be the 30th richest club in the world.

Comment

what about club XXX?

Comment

Green Calx wrote:
                                      It wouldn't really be worth Sterling's while either. His life would be made very hard.

And where would he play? Depay has just arrived, and Young has had a fairly good season
                                      Young will be 30 years old in two months' time (Valencia and Rooney will be 30 in three and five months, respectively; Van Persie will be 32 in five months, too). Falcao, should he stay, would be 30 half-way through the next season.

For Van Gaal's style to succeed, his attack requires sharp passing and speed. He probably thinks he can't afford another season where his team isn't making a serious tilt at some sort of big shiny object, and he likely believes that you don't win anything with tricenerians (if his record of what attackers to sign and field is anything to go by).

Depay and Sterling alongside some sort of reasonably fast target man (Kane?) is the scenario he may be envisaging.

Comment

yes. that is all true. But sterling would be massively expensive, the transfer would be incredibly controversial and disruptive, and the world is a big place with lots of attacking midfielders who wouldn't be massively expensive, controversial or disruptive.

Also I wouldn't be sure that RVP will be there next season. He's been pretty wretched this season, and he's not going to get any better.

Comment

It was Christian Purslow that gave Carragher that contract and since it was the day before FSG took over it seems unlikely that Hicks & Gillette had very much to do with it.

Comment

There was meant to be a big quote before that, to make me look less mental.

Comment

The Awesome Berbaslug!!! wrote: what about club XXX?
                                              that's dirty money..

Comment

Shrewsbury have signed Jordan Clark for an extra year. He's OK.

Bobby Grant, who was on loan with Shrewsbury last season (and scored league 2 goal of the month one month) has been released by Blackpool and is apparently in talks with Town to sign.

Comment

Nico Rijnders wrote: It was Christian Purslow that gave Carragher that contract and since it was the day before FSG took over it seems unlikely that Hicks & Gillette had very much to do with it.
                                                  Christian was just thanking him for his loyal support.

Comment

Saido Berahino has the same agent as Sterling. I expect to see him warming a bench somewhere for the next few seasons on at least £100k a week, before slipping into obscurity or the Villa first team.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X