• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NFL '15

Is it the green and yellow, then?

Comment

NFL '15

Looks like we have three in each side that we're both sure of: Colts, Broncos, Patriots and Packers, Seahawks, Cowboys.

Comment

NFL '15

ursus arctos wrote: Is it the green and yellow, then?
        No, Green Bay are not "my" team. I just think they'll win this time.

Here's the way I decided on my team a couple of years ago:

Kevchenko wrote: I've decided I need a team in this NFL malarky. I probably won't watch it very often but figure it's best to have an answer to the obvious question.

So.

As a Norwich City fan I generally think bird names are good. That narrows it down to Cardinals, Eagles, Seahawks and Ravens.

I think I might go with the Seahawks. Frasier is a good programme, so I can cope with the idea of Seattle.

However it seems that they have won pretty much all their games so far this season, so that might be a bit gloryhuntery. But I checked and it seems that despite having a decent record in their division, they do sod all in the playoffs.

I dunno, are they evil, or a bit meh, or what?
        So there you go. Birds and Frasier.

Comment

NFL '15

I'm disappointed that no one thinks that the lizard people who run the league and appoint the refs will sabotage the Patriots for their insolence.

Ah, the few atoms of my being that care about gridiron support the Seahawks.

Comment

NFL '15

AFC: Texans, Chiefs, Ravens, Bills, (Patriots), (Dolphins)
            NFC: Lions, Seahawks, Giants, Who Dats, (Cardinals), (Cowboys)

AFC Champs: Ravens
            NFC Champs: Seahawks

Champs: Seahawks

ursus - The Saints didn't get that many screwjob calls, and nearly came back from 0-5 the Sean Paytonless year. The refs are so screwy, that trying to screw the Pats will only lead to more fuck-ups that will only benefit Belichick.

Comment

NFL '15

On Deflategate, many of Brady's personal emails have been released. He seemed to get very angry about a pool company not having the cover he wanted in white. Dunno how that's relevant to balls though.

Comment

NFL '15

AFC: Patriots, Ravens, Colts, Broncos, (Bills), (Chiefs)
                NFC: Eagles, Packers, Panthers, Seahawks, (Cowboys), (Rams)

AFC Champs: Colts
                NFC Champs: Eagles

Champs: Colts

Comment

NFL '15

Not NFL, but Vanderbilt is supposed to be full of intelligent people.

Which makes one wonder how a school that has been dealing with a high profile football rape case for more than a year decided that this was a good idea

Comment

NFL '15

Kevchenko wrote: And that's it - win! 14-30

GBR are in the final to play the group A winners.
                    Which is Finland, though I don't know when.

Comment

NFL '15

This is news to me, but the Cowboys sell merchandise with quotes on it from conceptual artist Jenny Holzer. They have apparently had her do art inside the stadium (her aphorisms flashing on the giant screen during games in the past).

Comment

NFL '15

Must be part of the Jones's stadium collection.

I wonder how her sales are?

Comment

NFL '15

Bye, bye Aldon

The decline of the 49ers from NFL powerhouse to laughingstock in just over 12 months is really one of the most sudden, shocking declines I can ever recall in the NFL. The Giants went pearshaped pretty quickly after Parcells left, but that was just an old team and some garden-variety incompetence. The 49ers are a freakshow these days.

Comment

NFL '15

Finland women are going to be Euro Champs - 50-12 up in the fourth. Still, hell of an achievement for GB to get the silver.

Comment

NFL '15

J-E-T-S, JETS!

Head coach Todd Bowles announced today that QB Geno Smith will likely be out until October, after he was hit by LB Ikemefuna “I.K.” Enemkpali in a locker-room fight this morning. Bowles used the words “cold-cocked” and “sucker-punched,” and said Enemkpali has been cut. Enemkpali was the Jets’ sixth-round pick in the 2014 draft.

Smith’s broken jaw will need surgery. This means Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the Jets’ starting QB for at least the first month or so of the season.

Comment

NFL '15

In a quality troll move, former Jets coach Rex Ryan has just signed Enemkpali to a contract.

Comment

NFL '15

Players who show an ability to get to the quarterback will always be in demand, I suppose.

Comment

NFL '15

Bravo, Weiro.

Comment

NFL '15

Comment

NFL '15

Just saw this article regarding HS concussions from a local paper on my facebook feed.

The violations are bad enough but arguably worse are the loathsome comments made by bloodthirsty idiots who bemoan the "pussification" of football. This really is a sport that caters to the worst elements in American society.

All I can say is thank god my kids play baseball, soccer and softball where they don't have to sustain brain damage in order to entertain a crowd of neanderthals.

Comment

NFL '15

It's the beginning of the end of the sport Cesar, HS, then colleges and finally the NFL will eventually have to drop it, or alter it considerably, in response to brain damage.

Back to neanderthal talk: J Nelson is out for the season with an ACL, a blow to the Packers' chances. Even with him though i am not sure if they have enough team around AR to win it all.

The Seahawks are still the class of the NFC and the Pats for the SBL rematch.

Comment

NFL '15

What's the considered opinion on Jarryd Hayne's pre-season appearances for the 49ers? I'm only seeing this refracted through the bits of the Australian RL media that I follow and there seems to be a bit of hype building up along the way.

Comment

NFL '15

The Bay Area gridiron media is going bonkers, only partially because every other bit of news about the Niners has been awful.

I really hope that he makes the team and he will if he keeps up this level of performance (the competition will get more serious as the pre-season progresses).

Comment

NFL '15

I'm hoping he goes the distance (pardon the pun) and makes a success of it. What he did - retiring from RL at the top of his game, with no guarantee of an NFL contract, and working his way through try-out camps - took a lot of nerve and unlike for RL players who go to play RU/AFL (and indeed vice versa in the case of RU) the reaction from within the game was almost entirely positive.

There is a bit of vested interest behind some of this of course, in that certain people hope that if he's a success the NFL teams will be heading for Australia snapping up RL players on big money deals. In practice my limited knowledge of NFL tells me there are only certain positions that would be a good fit for RL players (in turn from only certain positions), and only the very best handful of those players could get anywhere near.

Comment

NFL '15

Collection of Hayne Hysteria

Very few NFL punt returners would even have attempted to catch this monster kick

And this return is also very impressive

Though you have to remember that very few of the guys he's playing against in these clips will be employed in six weeks.

Comment

NFL '15

Should be fun, this. Are you allowed to knock it over someone's head, run past them, and catch it again on the other side?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X