• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity fans

I thought you were United?

Comment

Celebrity fans

Cilla Black. Carlisle fare slightly better with Helen Skelton, but I can't think of anyone famous who'd readily admit to following Workington Reds.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Arsenal, meanwhile, can offer Ronnie Biggs, "Mad" Frankie Fraser, Fidel Castro, Osama bin Laden and Piers Morgan.
        That's nothing, my lot can offer Richard Littlejohn.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Bristol Rovers often try to claim Rod Hull as one of their own, primarily because he once sang about them.

I think they do this to deflect attention from the fact that their most famous fans are, in fact, Jeffrey Archer and Terry Dicks.

Comment

Celebrity fans

I feel sorry for Charlton - Garry Bushell, Jim Davidson AND Kelvin "CUNT" MacKenzie.

Although whether those three combined or Littlejohn on his own is the worst could be considered a moot point cos again... we've got PAUL FUCKING BURRELL!

Comment

Celebrity fans

Jah Womble wrote:
              Arsenal, meanwhile, can offer Ronnie Biggs, "Mad" Frankie Fraser, Fidel Castro, Osama bin Laden and Piers Morgan.
              That's nothing, my lot can offer Richard Littlejohn.
              Come to think of it, virtually everyone on my list is dead. So it boils down to Morgan vs Littlejohn.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Aled Walking in the air Jones.

Comment

Celebrity fans

slackster wrote: This still makes me cringe:

[IMG][/img]

He rarely turns up to games, mind. But brother Julian LW is very much a regular.
                  To be fair, JLW was on the radio (somewhere on here)talking about his love for Orient and suggested that Andrew and he used to go a lot as kids and the former is still a supporter if not a regular attender.

Comment

Celebrity fans

We have actors Alun and son Joe Armstrong and Sam West. All lovely.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Aston Villa are also the preferred team of Tom Hanks. He chose them because of the name.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Steve Cram (Regular)

Kate Adie

Dave Stewart

George thingy the TV architect.(Regular)

Tim Rice

James Herriott (RIP Regular)

Sting jumped ship with the emergence of the Geordie Nation in 1992.....thank fuck. He has family members still going though.

Tamsin Archer (Sleeping Satellite)(regular) Her fellers from Sunlun and took her a few times and she loved it. Hes packed it in but she still goes on her own! Drives up from Yorkshire for every game.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Ken Loach. I am not sure whether he supported anyone else before he moved here.

Apparently, Bill Bailey is a supporter as well but I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Celebrity fans

I stand corrected, he used to come down Twerton. Shame on FourFourTwo for not knowing we are Bath City.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Going by his age, the fact that he moved to London in 1984 and the claim that his 'short-lived tryst with the Romans" was ended by this move, Bill Bailey would have been following Bath City in the early 1980s.

At that time, they were playing in what is now the Conference Premier. You can call that the "Acme Wall-Cleaner Memorial League" if you find things like that funny, but Bath City were then a good non-League team.

And this "Twerton Park was proper old-school, with crumbling walls and crap pies" crap. This was over 30 years ago. Most grounds were like that all over the country.

The "relative razzmatazz" of Bristol City and Bristol Rovers? At that time, City were going bankrupt and slipping through the divisions, Rovers were in the process of losing their ground.

I think Bill Bailey's memory's playing tricks on him. Funny how that only happens to famous people who are trying to prove how solid their non-League credentials were 'back in the day'.

If he'd wanted old-school back then, he should have gone to watch Keynsham Town, who played right on his doorstep. Now that was old-school crap, really fucking absymal shite. I know that because I was playing for them.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Comment

Celebrity fans

Come to think of it, virtually everyone on my list is dead. So it boils down to Morgan vs Littlejohn.
                                  Mutually-assured destruction?

Comment

Celebrity fans

Not a bad or naff fan but .. Arsenal and football came up a lot during John Lydon's Q+A on Sunday.

He thinks Arsene Wenger is "great, but wrong", misses the camaraderie of standing and swaying, and thinks football is used to divide the masses.

Comment

Celebrity fans

We've got Angus and Malcolm Young, so you can have Sean Connery back.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Well, you can shove yer AC/DC and yer James Bond where the sun don't shine, 'cos at St Mirren we have the drummer from Deacon Blue, Dougie Vipond, as well as Jocky from Take The High Road.

We also have author Christopher Brookmyre as well as actor Douglas Henshall. And that's it.

Comment

Celebrity fans

York attract the commentators, it seems - both Guy Mowbray and Jon Champion are City fans. Mowbray does at least come to the match when he's not working.

Steve McLaren went to the school that you used to be able to jib over the fence of at the Shippo End to get in without paying, but he's never mentioned any affinity.

Then of course there is also Richard Herring...

Comment

Celebrity fans

Pretty good comic Joe Wilkinson is a Gillingham fan (he's from there and it's in his twitter handle, no idea if he goes to games). As for Chelsea, we've a panoply of shite led by former Times Tory motoring journalist Giles Smith, who now writes articles for the club site. Appears to genuinely love the club though. Daniel Day-Lewis is our coolest celebrity fan but I doubt he turns up much if ever.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Also, Craig Short went to my old school (just outside York), but I read somewhere that he now supports Blackburn because of his connections to the club.

Comment

Celebrity fans

John Oliver (Daily Show, Last Week Tonight) is a Liverpool fan. He told a funny story about wearing a full kit to games when he was a kid as well as meeting David Beckham when he was on WTF.

Comment

Celebrity fans

LeBron James supports Liverpool, financially and otherwise.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Derby have actor Jack O'Connell and one of the One Direction lads, Nial I think. To be honest not exactly my 'thing'

Although both the sons of John Motson and David Icke support Derby.

As did Tosh off the Bill (Kevin Lloyd), and his brother Terry Lloyd, who was the ITN journo attacked by Cantona on a beach and subsequently shot by American forces in a 'friendly fire' incident in Iraq.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X