X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Celebrity fans

Serge Gainsbourg wrote:
    Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos
    These days it seems to be a toss up between Michael Gove and Pete Doherty. I preferred it when Gavin Bryers, Jeff Beck or Mick Jones were the go-to options.
    Apart from Mick Jones, you've got really cool fans - Steve Jones, Paul Cook, Robert Smith and Julian Cope.
    Eh! I don't know about Smith & Cope but Jones and Cook are Chelsea fans. Quite a few punks are Blues, actually. Charlie Harper, John O'Neil and dear old Joe Strummer to name but three others.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Jonesy used to go to QPR but is now Chelsea, yes. Think Paul Cook is Chelsea although he still lives nearer QPR.

Glen Matlock is QPR.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Ah, I was hoping you'd let me know if I'd got it wrong. I was certain about the Pistols coz I've seen Jones interviewed in the official mag. and seen Cooky near the ground on matchday. Strummer I'm sure about too but the others could still do with a bit of verification.

When I was involved with the Chelsea Independent Supporters Association there was a guy there who reckoned that he used to play with The Ruts. Steve Lima I think his name was. Heard of him?

He got together with some other Chelsea punks and cut a disc which was rather good, taking a pop at the Chelsea Village concept.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Over in Peterborough … hmm

Comment

Celebrity fans

Nocturnal Submission wrote:
            Strummer I'm sure about too but the others could still do with a bit of verification.

When I was involved with the Chelsea Independent Supporters Association there was a guy there who reckoned that he used to play with The Ruts. Steve Lima I think his name was. Heard of him?

He got together with some other Chelsea punks and cut a disc which was rather good, taking a pop at the Chelsea Village concept.
            I haven't heard of Steve Lima, no.

Of my punky chums ..Jah Wobble and Dave Barbarossa are Spurs. Must tell them my Garth Crooks story, they might care.

Adam Ant said he supported Chelsea but really he's not interested in football. I think there are a load more who are Chelsea but I'm not sure they're exactly "celebrities".

Comment

Celebrity fans

Charlie Parker?

Do you mean Harper?

Comment

Celebrity fans

I do indeed. Just corrected it before I saw your post. Jeez.

Yeh, I heard that Mr. Ant was a Blue.

Trying to think of the celebs I've seen at Chelsea games. I've got Damon Albarn, Dave Rowntree, Alan McGee, Suggs, Paul Cook, Clive Mantle, Dickie Attenborough, David Baddiel, Neil Pearson (supporting Spurs), Matt Smith (supporting Liverpool), Stephen Merchant (fancied watching a game possibly), Johnny Vaughan, Giles Smith, David Mellor, Tony Banks, John Kampfner, Ben Brown (borrowing JK's ST for the day, I think), Jeremy Vine, Brian Moore and probably a dozen others that have slipped my mind.

Saw Nick Cave after a game once but I think he was just off for a stroll down the Fulham Rd.

Comment

Celebrity fans

Nocturnal Submission wrote:
                  Originally posted by Serge Gainsbourg
                  Originally posted by Amor de Cosmos
                  These days it seems to be a toss up between Michael Gove and Pete Doherty. I preferred it when Gavin Bryers, Jeff Beck or Mick Jones were the go-to options.
                  Apart from Mick Jones, you've got really cool fans - Steve Jones, Paul Cook, Robert Smith and Julian Cope.
                  Eh! I don't know about Smith & Cope but Jones and Cook are Chelsea fans. Quite a few punks are Blues, actually. Charlie Harper, John O'Neil and dear old Joe Strummer to name but three others.
                  Cook was actually at the away game at Leicester in the week.

Comment

Working...
                  X