You Win Some, You're Fucked Some

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Appears North Ferriby United have asked to be relegated back down two divisions as the Allam's have withdrawn etc....

List the tragedies here. Who else is fucked?

Celtic Nation have thankfully been put to sleep today as well, last game on Tuesday.

Possibly not -

CLUB STATEMENT FROM THE OWNERS.
    NORTH FERRIBY UNITED CLUB STATEMENT BY STEVE AND EMAN FORSTER
    The last 2 years have seen an injection of over a quarter of a million pounds into North Ferriby United. This has undoubtedly led to the recent success that all involved in the club have enjoyed and experienced. This injection has allowed the focus at the club to be on the quality of its football and resulted in North Ferriby United being 2nd last year, in the Conference North League, narrowly missing out on automatic promotion to the Conference Premier and of course winning the F A Trophy at Wembley this year. An absolutely magnificent time and these achievements will be part of the clubs
    history for ever.
    However, the commerciality and fan base have not matched the success nor have
    they matched the above mentioned funding. The club is totally reliant on the continued
    injection of monies from Steve and Eman Forster, even after the success at Wembley.
    With this realisation, the club’s only way forward for 2015/2016 is to trade
    within its own means and build on strong foundations going forward. The owners will endeavour
    to achieve this, in the hope that the recent success at Wembley and the high profile will
    encourage others to become involved with the club.
    The Forster’s have enjoyed their 2 years at North Ferriby United and will continue with the club until they can transfer to new owners. Contrary to comments already made there is no money being pulled out of the club, in fact the opposite is the case, more money has to be put in by the Forster’s to ensure the club’s continued survival.

Comment

There's a substantiated rumour that there was some kind of misunderstanding over seat allocation for Allam family members at Wembley, and they've basically taken their ball home.

Utter, utter cunts.

Comment

"commerciality"? The cunts should be shot in the head.

Comment

Norton United of the NPL div 1 south are folding. They reached the FA Cup 1st round in November and played Gateshead in one of those "round the grounds" games on the BBC. Not long after they had a dispute with their landlords and spent the second half of the season playing elsewhere. They've now chosen to chuck it all in rather than carry on with no real prospect of returning to their old ground.

Comment

Reading that statement again, just what did they expect to gain financially from a village team with an average attendance of 200? Surely it wasn't anything to do with the ground being a prime piece of real estate slap bang in the middle of one of Britain's richest villages, was it? No, that seems too obvious.

Comment

One of the players who was most vocal on Twitter last night, Nathan Peat, has backtracked on his comments and suddenly announced that the owners are still funding wages and there is now a chance the team won't be relegated.

I believe the latter day term for this is "being Oyston'd"

Comment

Rainworth MW and Brigg Town withdrew from the NPL South before their relegations were confirmed. Norton also withdrew as longeared explained while Tividale had ground grading problems that were only resolved last week.

Tough times in northern non-league if you're nothing to do with Manchester United, it seems. I often wonder how my local NPL South club, Carlton, manage on gates of 70-ish.

Comment

With that name, they could emulate Corinthian Casuals and try to get some informal arrangement with the Aussie Rules team.

Comment

I think Rainworth have given up trying to compete at NPL level on average gates of 74 (Carlton Town's is 96, for comparison). They'll probably get more than that at NCEL level next season what with derbies against Clipstone and Worksop.

Comment

longeared wrote: I think Rainworth have given up trying to compete at NPL level on average gates of 74 (Carlton Town's is 96, for comparison). They'll probably get more than that at NCEL level next season what with derbies against Clipstone and Worksop.
                      It is a pity. I go to Rainworth games two or three times a season. Perhaps I'm at fault for not going more, but they're not my most-local team, to be fair.

It's a nice lot of people there. Much better organisation that at many other Evostik South (and Prem) clubs in as much as it's cheap in, they give you a teamsheet on entry (which is great) and have a golden goal minute competition each home game, which I never win. There's a good covered terrace on one side where you can stand between the two dug-outs, which is always the best place to be in that level of non-league if you can.

Comment

Working...
                      X