Turf Moors: Weekend match going thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that like taking pens and soap to Cuba?

Comment

I'm not sure imp has ever seen any of the bar staff at speedway tracks.

Comment

Or anyone in Workington.

Comment

To be fair to imp, we've not seen the girls in EIMs dreams either.

Comment

I'm going to see something I haven't seen in a while tomorrow........A trophy.

Albion Rovers v Arbroath. The celebrations start tonight.....Well, for me they do.

Comment

One of the pubs in Workington has what they call a beer garden. Before the smoking ban I suspect it was the alley round the back where they put crates and empty barrels.

Comment

Really? Workington's gone all soft since I left Cumbria. Which pub?

Comment

It's been a few years since I've been to Workington. It might have been the Waverley Hotel. It was somewhere that had lots of wood panelling. The beer garden is a bit of decking in an alley about four foot wide.

Comment

Bloody hell, the Waverley. I've not been there for years.

If you'd said the Appletree I'd have commended you on your bravery.

Comment

Does Barrow suffer the same reputation as Workie? As Mrs Torres and me went there for the day once and I fuckin loved it.

Comment

Toby Gymshorts wrote:
                        If you'd said the Appletree I'd have commended you on your bravery.
                        It's under new management but the News and Star reported in 2012 on it's closure....

The Apple Tree, on Finkle Street, had its licence revoked today by Allerdale council after complaints from police.

A two-day review heard that .... there had been numerous issues and incidents at the pub, including two cases of serious injury.

In one instance a man was punched, kicked and stamped on, officers said, and another involved a man’s head going through a window.

...anonymous statements from three people living or working nearby described the venue as “hell on earth”, ..... one said they had seen a couple having sex against the back gates.

Sgt Farnworth said: “We have shown beyond any doubt the serious crime and disorder is a constituent part of the regular licensable activity at the Apple Tree.

“We seriously believe that if this premises is allowed to reopen there’s a serious likelihood of fatality in the future.
                        It's many a year since I went drinking in Wukkitn (Walt Flanagans Dog has more recent experience) but although it could get lively when Whitehaven and Maryport lads came visiting it was nothing on the scale of a night down the Gaza Strip in Barrow. There's strains of sexually transmitted disease that are unique to Britain's longest cul-de-sac...

Comment

I would say 'it wasn't that bad', but that might have been cos I adhered to the clear instructions provided by a work colleague, who when I asked where to go, brought up a Google Street View image and went along saying, there, not there, there, absolutely not there, not there....

Comment

Actually, that was prescient of how the night ended - only joking, here all week.....

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote: Last trip to New York for the season for me. Any Canaries travelling?
                              Not me I'm afraid, work and stuff. We've sold out our allocation, though. Hoping you don't regain your lost three points of course.

Comment

We're also going to the tensionfest at Craven Cottage.

Comment

Karvina v Varnsdorf in the Czech 2nd tier. It's plan D, with A-C all being ruined by rescheduled kick-offs.

Still, it should be quite good. Varnsdorf are second and looking good for an automatic promotion place behind likely champions Sigma Olomouc. Karvina could have been challengers themselves, but a poor start to the spring has probably given them too much ground to recover.

As a town Karvina's one of several Czech Silesian places that are so hideous there's almost a kudos in being able to say you've been there. It's actually a collection of smaller coal-mining towns that merged to form a kind of new town in the 1950s.

The club's current ground is temmporary as they're supposed to be reconstructing the old one, three sides of which were rambling, weed-invested terracing. The temporary ground is all-right - decent-sized standing area at one end and a barbecuing area in the corner which provides some of the best sausages in the region.

Comment

Cheltenham v Shrewsbury for me.

It's nearly 8 am and not a 100% sure how I'm getting down there yet.

42 quid on the train seems overly excessive.

Comment

St Mirren v Kilmarnock followed by the Paisley Beer Festival.

Possibly entirely replaced by the Paisley Beer Festival.

Comment

Time to chuck a final £19 away at Bootham Crescent. It is profoundly weird to have nothing riding on this game. It's not that long ago I was convinced we were down.

Comment

Far too many Norwich fans in Rotherham; we had to drink in the Palace and get a cab down.

Some big-club linoing going on...

Comment

What the fuck just happened? Grabbon sent off for, er, no idea...

Comment

How come the Norwich fans can stand here, but we couldn't at Carrow Road? More big-club shit.

Comment

Fulham score.

Comment

God this is dull. Two very tense teams. Time for NP to earn his corn and get them playing like in recent weeks. Even the atmosphere which was great at kick off has been stifled by the lack of pitch action.

Comment

Also, Fulham have a badger for a mascot?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X