No announcement yet.

Women's Euro 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm.... just seen replays of the third Dutch goal. Since when can you push the wall out of the way?

edit: Now they are playing their shit music.

Comment

Actually, Bryan, this is the first time in years that I've felt really Dutch. They're a genuinely nice team.

Comment

But Rutted can fuck off.

Comment

Rutte. Editing on phone doesn't work.

Comment

Foppe de Haan! Smiley thing.

Comment

Well, I may be biased, but I thought that that was a commercial for the game. Nice open match, loads of goals, chances everywhere. Not such a cagey affair as you normally get in finals in the men's game.

Comment

I assumed this was on this evening (like the Men's), and have just discovered that I've missed it! FFS. Sounds like a good game and all.
                That said it would probably have annoyed and disappointed me had I realised it was on, as I always feel tournaments are somehow devalued by the hosts winning them. This is not a feeling I can logically back up, but it is definitely there.

Comment

You would have enjoyed this game

Bryan never ceases to crack me up

Comment

Assume nothing and always pre-check game times. These things are not obvious anymore.

It was a pretty entertaining game with some well-taken goals and a deserved win for the Dutch. The Danes, for their part, gave the host nation far more of a test than England did in that semi.

Comment

Well that was a very enjoyable final.

Lieke Martens was awarded player of the tournament. I think I would have given it to Groenen, although Martens was very good in the group stages.

Comment

Martens is wasted on the wing. She's the Dutch Jari.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Mountstuart View Post
                          Foppe de Haan! Smiley thing.
                          Whenever you are annoyed at the Dutch, just remember that people like Foppe de Haan exist. He's Frisian though, so that doesn't really count as Dutch.

Comment

For anyone missing their fix, the U-19s starts tomorrow in Belfast. NI, Scotland, Spain and Germany; Netherlands, France, Italy, England. I hope to get to one of the games at Pairc Saxe-Coburg-Gotha

Comment

Great game, very good tournament, with the proper champion. Speaking of 'advert for the game', it's got frau imp promising to come to more FFC Frankfurt games with me this season.

Comment

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...and-squad.html

Comment

You want us to click on a Daily Mail link without knowing what's there? Would you, sir, ask me to dive headfirst and blindfold into a pit of skunk shit?

Comment

If BLT is linking to it, it's unlikely to be a sexist/racist/otherwise story. Though they have chosen a non relevant photo which isn't entirely SFW, just because such a thing exists of Aluko.

Comment

Less sensational report from BBC

Comment

Yeah, that's pretty gross.

The article is about the FA paying Eni Aluko £40k to keep quiet about a harassment and bullying claim against Mark Sampson. The FA's subsequently cleared Sampson, but they've also say the amount they paid to Aluko was "substantially more" than that and doesn't have a gag clause.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40850231

Comment

When was the photo taken and in what context?

Comment

4,800 for the U-19 opener in BelAir. Spain beat NI 2-0

Comment

Scotland lost 3-0 to Germany. I reckon that's not a bad result.

Going back upthread a bit, I loved this on BBC3 - Things not to say to women who play football.

Comment

Imp will be cheered as Scotland are off the mark with a 1-1 draw against the hosts. Germany beat Spain and in the other group Netherlands matched their seniors by seeing off England. France to make up the semi-finalists

Comment

Working...
                                                X