• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Champions League QFs

It's quite accurate.

Comment

Champions League QFs

yet so exquisitely understated at the same time.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Embarrassing collapse by Mandzukic after Carvajal hits him in the torso. If you're going to fake an injury, go down instantly, don't stand there like a lemon thinking about it for a couple of seconds.

Comment

Champions League QFs

That's actually pretty quick "thinking" for the big man.

He's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Comment

Champions League QFs

I think it's the way that carvajal's sleeve rides up on his arm that makes that clip. It's just that final detail.

I'm not sure that he's trying to bite him, I think that mandzukic has his hand stuck in his face. If Carvajal bit him I think that mandzukic would have mentioned it.

Comment

Champions League QFs

I don't think he's trying to fake an injury there bill, as much as trying to draw attention to the foul. If you don't fall over it never happened.

Comment

Champions League QFs

I hate that shit too. If you're not hurt, keep playing. It's better to have some basic self-respect than to maybe win a free-kick that will probably result in nothing anyway.

Comment

Champions League QFs

but carvajal has just punched him twice. you're trying to draw the linesman's attention to the foul. the problem there isn't mandzukic, it's carvajal battering him and getting away with it.

and if the linesman saw that, it would have been a penalty and a red card.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Then hit him back. Anything but this endless bullshit of pretending to have been brutally murdered.

Comment

Champions League QFs

I don't mind that at all. He's trying to draw attention to a couple of sneaky red card fouls. if he hits him back, it will be carvajal on the ground and him getting the red card.

Comment

Champions League QFs

For some reason, Sky Sports have stuck a five-minute programme of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer picking his best Man Utd XI into the middle of their CL highlights programme. WTF?

Have they mislaid the tape of Juventus v Monaco or something?

Comment

Champions League QFs

I believe that the technical term for that is pandering.

who was in it?

Comment

Champions League QFs

Just the usual people. Most of the 1999 side, but with van der Sar instead of Schmeichel.

Now they're showing another programme like it, except with Gerrard.

Comment

Champions League QFs

And now the 2003 Worthington Cup final! Fuck this shit. Bedtime.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Comment

Champions League QFs

Penalty to Porto in the first minute; Neuer reportedly lucky to avoid a red card.

Comment

Champions League QFs

ursus arctos wrote: Penalty to Porto in the first minute; Neuer reportedly lucky to avoid a red card.
                                    It's a bit doubtful. Jackson Martinez was free in front of Neuer, but in his attempt to get around the keeper he passed the ball far too far to the right. Neuer fouls him, so it's definitely a penalty, but it's debatable whether a non-fouled Martinez would still be able to catch the ball in time before the approaching defenders would.

I can see the case for a yellow.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Hmmmm.

Comment

Champions League QFs

2-0. Second absolute howler in the Bayern defense. Inbetween, Lewandowski had hit the crossbar.

Comment

Champions League QFs

2-0 Porto

Comment

Champions League QFs

ursus arctos wrote: Hmmmm.
                                            Based on that video, I stand by my previous post. Look at where that ball goes, and at what speed.

Comment

Champions League QFs

[psssst] any links for either of these games? [/psssst]

Comment

Champions League QFs

Ursus, here's more video material of that call. It's not entirely clear that Martinez would pick up that ball before Dante would, or that Xabi Alonso would put himself in the way.

I'm not saying that a red card would be wrong, I'm just saying that the case for a yellow can be made.

Taylor, PM on its way.

Comment

Champions League QFs

Smallcaps, I agree that your theory must be the one ref applied, though I think that is a red more often than not. It's also hard to tell from the Vine if Martinez really didn't have a "goal scoring opportunity" any longer; there doesn't seem to be anyone in immediate danger of preventing him from getting to the ball and scoring.

[EDIT: posts crossed. You don't see Dante in the Vine, and now that I have, I agree with you completely. ]

Comment

Champions League QFs

Neymar scores

Comment

Working...
                                                    X