Italy v England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Italy v England

Italy - the stinkers - are blatantly flouting FIFA rules by wearing white shorts, while England are obediently wearing the regulation all white.

Surely the match must be abandoned immediately. What if the ball hits someone's bum in a critical situation? This is a bloody disgrace.

Italy v England

The adverts on the other side of the pitch are aimed at England, but the ones at each end of the pitch are aimed at Italy. Is that normal?

Comment

Italy v England

Do they include Wampum Jeans?

Comment

Italy v England

GO, it's quite common in Italy internationals.

Calx, you're really dating yourself. It's all Frankie Garage these days.

Comment

Italy v England

I used to chuckle when Ireland played away qualifiers in the late 1980s and early 1990s, and incredibly exotic places like the Ta'Qali in Valletta and the Qemal Stafa in Tirana would have billboards pitchside for things like Senator Windows and Allied Irish Banks -- and, on one memorable occasion, Fianna Fáil (there was a general election campaign going on at the time).

Conversely, when Ireland played Hungary in Budapest in 1989, nearly all the advertising hoardings were for Spanish things like Cepsa and Larios, because Spain were in the same group and presumably TVE had forked out some cash to show the game live.

Comment

Italy v England

I thought I was the only one who paid attention to stuff like that.

Ta 'Qali was an improvement over its predecessor (the Empire Stadium), which could barely grow grass

Comment

Italy v England

The bloke who hasn't scored in three months in English football just has. Against England.

Comment

Italy v England

"Where were you in the war?" sing the England fans. Sigh.

Comment

Italy v England

Who's the Setanta commentator - have been most impressed by his footballing intelligence?

Comment

Italy v England

Mysterious injury to Chris Smalling ends the Big Foot and Henderson experiment.

Comment

Italy v England

The Ballad Of Lightbowne Lil wrote: "Where were you in the war?" sing the England fans. Sigh.
                      I assume the reply came back "Greece, Monte Cassino and a number of other places"?

Meanwhile, England showing tonight just how easy their group is, and how important it is to nullify the dangerous Italians by sticking rigidly to their positions. In a stroke of tactical genius, Hodgson sends on Kyle Walker for the second half.

Comment

Italy v England

So they are still losing?

Comment

Italy v England

Yup

Comment

Italy v England

Cool.

Comment

Italy v England

England are now bringing on players I don't recognise...ok, so I have heard of Ryan Mason at least, but I am completely unfamiliar with any redeeming features he may possess.

Comment

Italy v England

Townsend equalises.

Only ex-Orient players can score for England these days.

Comment

Italy v England

I hadn't even heard of him. But that's my fault not his I imagine, as apathy sets in.

Nice finish from Townsend though.

Comment

Italy v England

It does seem kinda unlikely to be his fault, really.

Comment

Italy v England

Well I certainly blame him.

Comment

Italy v England

There was no blame attached to the comment, 'twas merely an observation.

Edit: Oh, you were talking to Kevchenko. Who I also wouldn't recognise if he came off the bench to replace Jordan Henderson.

Comment

Italy v England

Yeah, and much as you all hate them, England are not bad.

Comment

Italy v England

Is it his fault he's not heard of me?

Comment

Italy v England

(SOrry, threadswap)

England are playing ok, thanks. Fine if Italy nick one, but also fine if they dont... Oy vey.

Calvin Clyne should never play for England again.

Comment

Italy v England

See, this England team is actually a fair representation of multicultural England. Jagielka is Polis, Townsend Greek Cypriot/Jamaican, Barkley is half Nigerian, Rooney is as Irish as red lemonade, Welbeck, though not playing, is Ghanaian, Sterling was born in Jamaica, Harry Kane is an emotion that transcends nationality and geography... but the fans remain resolutely and unapologetically small town fucking England.

Comment

Italy v England

Is Eder a natural Italian name?

I really like this England team.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X