Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing an hour's sleep - Weekend matchgoing

Wingate and Finchley 3-0 Dulwich Hamlet

Despite being in a pretty densely populated area, W&F's Harry Abrahams stadium has a way of seeming to be right out on the edge of nowhere. Stand miles back from the pitch, despite no running track or anything. 1pm Kick off for some reason- I guess it's so the TV can catch that all-important far eastern market at peak viewing time. Pay-what-you-like on the gate, crowd of 407, majority of them in Dulwich pink and purple, sadly rewarded with a pitiful display. Nice away shirts though. Snuck off to the bar just before half-time, not only didn't beat the queue, but all the tables were full with people who seemed to have been in there all half watching sky tv's Wrestlemania coverage. Bought a book about football grounds in the 1900s from some CAMRA beard guys. North Finchley High Road is like the Westfield of Charity shops.

What I did on my weekend, there.

Comment

Losing an hour's sleep - Weekend matchgoing

I've probably not been paying as much attention as I should, but have Dulwich gone to pieces in the league? I ask, because somebody seems to have been putting something in the cocoa at Enfield and the Towners have shot up to the nosebleed-inducing heights of fifth in the league. Quite an achievement, considering the last couple of seasons' close shaves with relegation's sweet kiss.

Comment

Working...
      X