X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing an hour's sleep - Weekend matchgoing

Wembley v Kings Langley for me.

Not got anything planned. Tempted by Wales U21 on Tuesday but I'll save that for the midweek match-going thread if there is one.

Comment

It's Hertford Town v Cockfosters tomorrow afternoon with my brother & another 1927 club stalwart and taking my son to Brazil v Chile at Ashburton Grove on Sunday.

Hope to fit my first speedway of the season in to the next two evenings too, schedule and weather permitting.

Comment

Southport v Torquay tomorrow. If I've got my sums right it'll be my 500th Southport game.

Comment

I am in firm opposition to the thread title.

However, as I am not going Tranmere, I have no voice.

Comment

After chasing the White Pride march out of town, I'm off for a pint in Cheetham Hill to we the head of a new Mancunian arrival, then, in theory, I'm off to the match. I'm not sure who we're playing, but we'll win regardless.

Comment

Wrexham are playing at Cae Ras De on Sunday for the Trophy final, so I'll be there, jumping on the bandwagon, watching us spank North Ferriby back to Humberside, ending our two-year long trophy drought.

Can't say the thought of a Wembley final holds massive excitement any more. Nice to do once, but then it's done, right? Of course, it might well be the last time for another hundred years that we go there, so maybe I should just make the most of it.

Probably do Clapton v [strike]Enfield[/strike] Harlow [strike]1893[/strike] 2007 on Saturday.

Comment

Bizarre Löw Triangle wrote: Wrexham are playing at Cae Ras De on Sunday for the Trophy final, so I'll be there, jumping on the bandwagon, watching us spank North Ferriby back to Humberside, ending our two-year long trophy drought.
                I think my bandwagon jump is even greater than yours, having only ever passed through Ferriby on the train, never mind actually going to a game. Going to this one with my other half (he's a Hull fan) though, as we're in London for the weekend anyway.

Comment

Slovakia v Luxembourg this eve in the Euro qualifiers. It's going to be dire, I just know it. Slovakia are top of their group with maximum points, but their strengths are defensive organisation and counter-attacking speed. Those have been vital against Spain, away to Ukraine etc, but aren't going to be all that relevant against Luxembourg.

1-0 with a scambled goal around the 60-minute mark is my prediction.

One good thing is that the Slovak FA have finally seen sense over ticket distribution and prices. This game and the friendly with the Czechs on Tuesday are costing a combined sum of 15 Euros for a seat behind the goal.

Comment

I think we're playing Stourbridge.

Comment

I'm going to be checking my phone for updates from Accy tonight. Sunday's trip to the game at the Ferenc Puskás Stadium is stuck interminably in the "how can I justify paying THAT much?" phase.

Comment

Southport Zeb wrote: Southport v Torquay tomorrow. If I've got my sums right it'll be my 500th Southport game.
                        I'll not begrudge you all three points to celebrate. Congrats.

I'd like to see Southport stay up.

Comment

Off up to Chester vs Woking tomorrow. Should be a tough game. My second visit to the Deva.

Comment

Oxford v Carlisle tomorrow - really need to get something out of that.

LFC Charity match at Anfield on Sunday. Not sure if it's acceptable to call John Terry a fucking horrible cunt when he's playing for charity, but provided the Mrs doesn't stifle me I'll be giving it a go. In row 4 of the Paddock too, there's no way he won't hear me....

Comment

An in-laws passing means I have had the company of a ten year old nephew thrust on me. This has tempered the original plan of North Shields v Highworth and a night in Durham.

All is not lost as I have unearthed enough child friendly guide pubs that a day out can still be had. Sidmouth Town v Galmpton Gents will be the main attraction, interspersed with stop offs at Axminster and Honiton.

I have played no part in the upbringing of this child, other than to teach him how to play fruit machines, something that he has embraced with great gusto. Based on his attention span at last nights Bob Kilbie memorial speedway meeting, I don't expect to get much beyond half time before being nagged to go to the arcades.

Comment

I hope you fed him chips and jelly teddies and all.

I think we're going to British West Hartlepool & Andy Capp Statue Headland United v Cambridge United.

And if it still counts as the weekend, I'm going to England U21s v Germany U21s at the Riverside on Monday.

Comment

You go to speedway too, BB&F!? Truly, you are a god amongst men.

Comment

Albion v Elgin.

Three wins out of the last six should see Albion win the division. I hope they win it rapidly as they've now stopped smoking at Cliftonhill. Fuck. I can remember when it was mandatory. I'm beginning to enjoy the Juniors a bit more now. I may take on a new team from next season.

Comment

Harry Truscott wrote: You go to speedway too, BB&F!? Truly, you are a god amongst men.
                                      Buxton Hitmen 'til I die.

Comment

Sparrow wrote: Off up to Chester vs Woking tomorrow. Should be a tough game. My second visit to the Deva.
                                        Same game for me. Toughness for Woking depends on whether we are still coasting towards the end of the season. Still, the feeling of an end of season mid table finish with nothing to play for, for a month, is something I've not witnessed for a number of years.

Comment

Eric's's game is off.

Comment

Shoreham vs Horsham YMCA in the First Division of the Sussex County League for us, this afternoon. Bit of a snap decision, that.

Comment

Wembley losing 1-0. Kings Langley are an unpleasant lot.

Comment

Can't decide what KL's No. 11 is either enormous or wearing shorts from the seventies...

Comment

KL really are a set of cunts. One of their players went down with an injury when they were on the attack, so they played round him. Wembley win the ball back and go on the attack and the KL bench immediately start screaming "head injury". When I point out that they could've kicked the ball out themselves, I get lots of abuse from the scum in their dugout.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X