Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring in the air, Bishop! Weekend match-going.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed QPR v Everton. Lots of effort from QPR> They seemed up for it, but Everton soaked it up and hit them on the break.

Also this was my first time seeing a ref use the vanishing spray in real life. We don't have that in the lowly basement.

We were about 5 rows from the pitch. When Aaron Lennon scored he ran right at us.

Comment

These threads are the best thing on OTF these days. Resurrected the football forum for me. Thanks all.

Comment

I took my eldest to City - West Brom, for his first game outside Finland.

He can now proudly tell his grandkids that he missed his first goal because he was, in his own words, "doing a big tower of poo".

That was his highlight, along with the bag of Quavers he ate on the way home. He was pretty nonplussed about everything else.

Comment

Twenty year-olds can be like that...

Comment

Jongudmund wrote:
            Also this was my first time seeing a ref use the vanishing spray in real life. We don't have that in the lowly basement.
            Am I going mental? I'm pretty sure they do use it in League 2. Did I imagine it or did a ref bring some Mr Sheen out the other week?

Comment

Yeah, they definitely have it in D4 but different refs use it to varying degrees.

Comment

I was accused of being a 'soccer hopper' in a toilet last Friday night.

For completeness, I'd like to record that I went to HSV v Hertha Berlin last Friday (scene of said slur and where I also learnt a football song to the tune of Twisted Sister's 'We're Not Gonna Take It') and Hannover 96 v Borussia Dortmund on Saturday.

I also learnt that I love Gluehkirsch, although the 'noch ein Gluehkirsch?' from the barstaff in kleinem HSV's ground unnerved me a little.

German football is Asse.

Comment

san2sboro wrote:

For completeness, I'd like to record that I went to HSV v Hertha Berlin last Friday (scene of said slur and where I also learnt a football song to the tune of Twisted Sister's 'We're Not Gonna Take It'...
                  On the day of their drummer AJ Pero's death, poignant.

Comment

Working...
                  X