Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring in the air, Bishop! Weekend match-going.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bury vs Northampton. Expectations are high now that David Flitcroft is counting down the minutes until the end of the season (his post-match interview at York referred to the 810 minutes remaining. What about stoppages, Dave?) and Alan Knill returns as the visiting assistant manager.

The latter point will mean that the seats in front of the dugouts that are normally sparsely populated will tomorrow be full of our charming lads who like to sing the wholly unoriginal 'Alan Knill's daughter, she takes it up the arse.'

I really wish they'd fuck off and support someone else.

Comment

Darlo v Prescott Cables.

Comment

Dunno. Watford away is sold out, and I was slow off the mark, so open to ideas.

Comment

Big Boobs and FIRE! wrote: Llandrindod Wells v Penycrae in the Welsh Alliance. This being the furthest you can on a Stagecoach day explorer from Cardiff.

There are three of us going, of which, I'm the only one who's never been sectioned.
          Llandrindod Wells is a nice ground, and they seemed to have decent backing from the locals when I visited a few years back. Its the Cymru Alliance, not the Welsh Alliance - the WA sticks pretty much to the north coast.

Comment

Im leaving the house after football focus and getting on it as soon as I get to the pub then its WHU v The Stars In Stripes. Its got draw written all over it as apparently we cant both lose. Its half stag do half dutch courage. Did you.....

Comment

Hull v Chelsea in that Premier League thingy. Free ticket, so yea, whatevs etc...

Comment

Big Boobs and Fire is THE man for these threads.

Anyway I’ll be at Shrewsbury vs. Oxford.

I’ve no idea what to expect as it is a Saturday and we appear only to thrash teams on a Tuesday.

I fancy we’ll stutter our way to a 1-0 win.

Lump it on as I was right about Northampton beating us at home.

Comment

Rayo Vallecano v Malaga tomorrow at six.

It's pissing down here and set for the weekend apparently so it's not as if I'm missing any pavement cafe action.

Comment

VfB Stuttgart v. Eintracht Frankfurt

I'm going as a neutral with brother-in-law and a couple of mates - they are VfB fans who are all pretty convinced we're going to have to drink heavily to get through what is likely to be another dismal home defeat.

Comment

Not the most exciting of games at East Kilbride tonight, and not a particularly exciting ground - it's basically a low stand along the side of a 3G pitch. Only one goal scored, but it was an excellent hit to win the game for East Kilbride. The loss for Whitehill Welfare means Edinburgh City are Lowland League champions, and can now enter playoffs to reach the Scottish League.

Comment

Thorniewood v Ardeer.

You can't have a fag at most senior grounds now.

Comment

Barnsley v Preston

We've won six out of the last seven without playing well and they've won nine out of the last ten.
                          Let's see just how real our Playoff chances are.

Comment

Spurs v Leicester City

We've had a pretty good run this year and played decent football until last week.

This should be our easiest home in of the season.

I predict 1-1

Comment

JVL wrote: VfB Stuttgart v. Eintracht Frankfurt. I'm going as a neutral with brother-in-law and a couple of mates - they are VfB fans who are all pretty convinced we're going to have to drink heavily to get through what is likely to be another dismal home defeat.
                              Come on, you know how obliging Frankfurt are to teams in relegation trouble. 3-1 or 4-1 to Stuttgart guaranteed, deluding them into thinking they're not so bad after all and that a change is in the air - until they descend to their usual dross next game.

FSV Frankfurt 1 Sandhausen 1
                              Frankfurt outplayed, extremely lucky to get a point, and Sandhausen were denied a clear penalty on the very last play of the game. Angry Sandhausen players surrounded the ref at the end - I thought they were going to deck him, and Frankfurt fans sloped off quietly with the stolen point in their pockets. Sandhausen hustled and fouled like a good 'n' ugly away team should in the second division, and could easily have been 4-0 up at half-time. All in all, "ein grottenschlechtes Spiel", although I was entertained by a beer-throwing dispute in front of me for the first ten minutes of the second half, eventually resolved by tardy, reluctant stewards. It's the first time I've ever seen a woman hitting another woman in a football stadium, even stranger given that the woman who took the slap was holding a young child who was in floods of tears. Bizarre.

Edit: Frankfurt's goal, a penalty, was also clearly a dive, according to Saturday's paper (Headline: FSV dives it way to a draw). So even more reason for Sandhausen to feel robbed.

Comment

Unterhaching v Stuttgarter Kickers

I now realise we're in a relegation scrap.

Comment

I've enticed my big brother, the libertarian stalinist, along today.

Comment

Reet Im going outside......I may be a while.

Either a draw or a one goal win to WHU.

Comment

TonTon wrote: I've enticed my big brother, the libertarian stalinist, along today.
                                      erm how does that work, the politics bit rather than the match going bit obv.

Comment

Trinec 3 Usti nad Labem 1. 813 made it in time for the morning K.O.

It was surprisingly open and entertaining for a clash of two strugglers, though instances of skill were fairly isolated. Trinec did produce one in the lead-up to their ultimately decisive (it put them 2-1 up) second goal, just before the hour - a lovely floated pass over the Usti defence which put the left-midfielder clean through on goal. His first effort was saved, but the ball came back to him and he made no mistake second time. The Trinec 'keeper then made a couple of fine saves to preserve the lead, before they wrapped things up with a third goal in the 85th min or so.

But the game's most consistent performer was Jana Adamkova, the referee. Oddly enough, she was in the middle last time I went to Trinec - in early November. She was excellent then and she was excellent today. The Slovak league ought to ask the Czechs if they can borrow her for the odd top league game.

Anyway, pint of Radegast in the sunshine, and Usti nad Labem losing. I'm happy with that for a Saturday morning.

Comment

The Raider is being followed by a camera crew. From what I gather, it's some Scandinavian channel...

Comment

There's a cold wind and not particularly good football on offer at the moment. I'm off for my ordered pint.

Comment

Fuck. Borehamwood score in the last minute of the first half.

Comment

Time for my sitdown...

Comment

Thorniewood 0-1 Ardeer.

Ya can't beat summer football.

Comment

Stones lose 1-0. Just couldn't score in the second-half despite kicking down.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X