The DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The DVD

. . . is out now, and is a very handsome 175 minutes in length plus a "top ten goals" feature.

Had a quick flick through bits of it last night. The makers have stuck in highlights of every single match, though you could tell they were struggling to find things worth showing from France v Romania, which lasts for all of 30 seconds -- Anelka heading a corner over the bar, and Benzema sending a very tame shot into Lobont's hands.

I'm off the beer at the moment, which is a shame, because I'd love to sit down with a few cans and devour this thing. I might wait until I'm back on the booze in earnest before I watch it fully.

The DVD

Hope there's a Region 0 or Region 1 version.

Comment

The DVD

You-dont-need-one.All-dvds-have-codes-that-can-pop-em-and-make-em-Region-0.

Comment

The DVD

Still having space bar problems?

I know about the codes, but I'm a bit reluctant to go mucking about with the DVD player that's hooked up to the TV. My DVD-Rom drive in my PC can play non-Region 1 discs, but I'd like to watch something like this on the TV.

Comment

The DVD

Inca wrote:
          Still having space bar problems?

I know about the codes, but I'm a bit reluctant to go mucking about with the DVD player that's hooked up to the TV. My DVD-Rom drive in my PC can play non-Region 1 discs, but I'd like to watch something like this on the TV.
          Don't know if you are working on a MAC or a PC but if you are using a MAC, check out MacTheRipper; it's designed to rip DVDs so you can back up your collection and the rips are Region 0 as long as you leave the settings as is. I am sure there is a similar program for the PC, but I can't say for sure.

Comment

The DVD

I could do with this as I seem to be suffering from medium-term memory loss. The WSC wall chart is still taped to the fridge we had in our kitchen at the time, which we moved down to the basement after the kitchen was re-modelled. It caught my eye the other day when I was fetching some beer and I couldn't remember half the games, even though I know I must have watched them. It's only two and a half years ago, for Christ's sake. And when they expand to 24 teams, it's going to get even worse.

I should use my life more fruitfully and vow to only watch games after the group stage. The other day I was struggling to recall who was in the same group as NZ, Italy and Slovakia at the World Cup. And I still can't remember. So if I'm not going to retain any of this information (which is, in any case, quite useless), why waste time watching games in the first place, unless they're subliminally filling my head with indispensable tactical knowledge.

Comment

Working...
            X