X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Shirt Locker - Kit Gallery 2015/16

Stumpy Pepys wrote:
    Originally posted by Nocturnal Submission
    I'm not crazy about the new sponsor's logo but I can live with it and the red trim doesn't look unattractive, certainly when compared to this monstrosity, which nevertheless currently resides in one of my drawers:

From the club that approved this design …

Worryingly I didn't see anyting wrong with it at the time. But I think a healthy dose of cultural relativism is necessary when judging these things.

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: Yes, I think that is the source of the problem, though they also have to deal with the fact that their latest badge seems to use a lighter shade of blue than their actual flag.
      Oooh, I hadn't clocked the new badge, that is awful. It has to basically be the flag on a round background.

Comment

I don't know what Norway's problem is with their badge, but they've changed it several times in the last decade.

Here's a better look at the latest version.

which isn't the actual FA badge

or the dragon that they used for 2010 (I think)

Comment

Did they actually use that dragon - I heard it had been put on the back burner due to negative fan reaction.

Comment

Hmmm.

This article (in Norwegian) indicates that it was withdrawn after a fancy introduction.

Here's the "pure" flag version of the badge:

Comment

The sash and socks of that Norwegian kit are just shit.

Comment

Pat McGatt wrote:
                I'm not crazy about the new sponsor's logo but I can live with it and the red trim doesn't look unattractive, certainly when compared to this monstrosity, which nevertheless currently resides in one of my drawers:

That's actually a beautiful piece of 90's design.
                You reckon! The collar was bloody horrible.

Make me a decent offer and it's yours!

Comment

Pat McGatt wrote:
                  Originally posted by Stumpy Pepys

From the club that approved this design …

Worryingly I didn't see anyting wrong with it at the time. But I think a healthy dose of cultural relativism is necessary when judging these things.
                  Actually, when I first saw it, in the poorly-printed pages of the club magazine, I thought there was pale blue in there too. It was a shocker though, then and now.

Comment

What's the score with Real Madrid - are they changing home kit this summer?

Comment

There will be a new kit, but there are competing "leaks" at the moment.

One has very faint grey trim, the other more prominent black highlights.

Comment

So what do we think of Sheffield United's new kit?

Supposedly, it's a nod to the original Blades kit to celebrate their anniversary, but it looks suspiciously to me like Adidas have fucked up so many striped kits over the years that they've now given up bothering entirely.

Comment

The badge is interesting.

And the version they are promoting is less cluttered

Historical Football Kits has the Blades' original top as all white, with the red pinstripes only being used from 1891-94. Those were much more coherent than the remake

Comment

It also had navy shorts and socks, and didn't have bloody Adidas stripes all over it.

Comment

I might still be ok with it if they brought back the caps as well.

Comment

Oh, the Shirt Locker. Very droll. What with that and "Raised By Wolves", I am not doing too well presently.

Comment

This is just Adidas and their belief that striped shirts don't sell (as per WBA this season), isn't it?

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: There will be a new kit, but there are competing "leaks" at the moment.

One has very faint grey trim, the other more prominent black highlights.
                                    So advice to colleague with Australian nephew is "don't buy one now"?

Comment

They change them every year, though. So there's not much he can do if he wants to be "current" (something that is vastly over-rated in my book).

Comment

Ok. Ta.

Comment

Bored of Education wrote: Oh, the Shirt Locker. Very droll. What with that and "Raised By Wolves", I am not doing too well presently.
                                          What did you think it was instead of "Shirt"?

I didn't get 'Raised by Wolves' at all until you mentioned it, though I've never seen it. It can't be as good as 'Poldark', can it.

Comment

Seattle Reign are keeping their last-season home shirts, but have a new change and third kit.

I like the change kit a lot.

Change kit

Third kit - ultra vile would be more appropriate, I think.

Comment

Chicago Red Stars have a really nice home and away kit ruined by an ugly sponsor.

And I'm not sure what the point of their 'alternate' kit with pinstripes in the same colour as the home shirts are.

Comment

Ajax thuisshirt. Iconic except the band seems to be a lot wider than normal:

Things get weird colour wise with the uitshirt:

Comment

This one has already been worn and won't be again, but anyway a good example of a decent idea ruined by the sponsor. ADO wore this shirt to celebrate their 110th birthday in February:

The logo made worse by the fact that a contestant from The Voice appears to be striking a pose in the 'A'.

Comment

BLT, I wonder if Leroux's departure will affect the Reign's plans for the third kit.

There's something about the repetition of motifs on the Red Stars' kits and badge that bothers me.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X