Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jobi1 View Post
    Tickets are good source of these too...

That third one's an exhibition match against a touring US team, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Profumo View Post
      That third one's an exhibition match against a touring US team, surely?
      If only...

Comment

I remember going to watch Southport at King's Lynn. Oddly they insisted on issuing tickets for this game. Even more oddly they described themselves as a "Folotball Club"

Comment

Not a mistake in a programme but this computer-generated subtitling howler had me in stitches last year. (the software confused the word "comma", spoken by a subtitler, and put "scum" into the on-screen text.)

Comment

It costs 22 fucking quid to watch Hamilton fucking Accies? Is it any wonder that hardly any cunt fucking bothers?

Fucking hell. Even listening to Tom Waits after a few fucking beers doesn't make the world seem right any more. Accies. 22 quid. Can't compute. Good night.

Comment

On the subject of the Accies entry, United is a word I often mistype in the same way. It seems apt - a club in such disarray they've become Untied.

Comment

Barnet once faced a Cheltenham Town team that wore 'shite stockings' according to the teamsheet on the back. I also remember turning up at an away game at Torquay and scanning the programme to find out that our regular striker Mark Cooper had been replaced by unknown quantity Mak Pupar. Not quite sure how they got that one so wrong.

Comment

An amateur player I vaguely knew once had his surname transcribed as 'Flower' in a matchday programme. Given that his name was 'Birch', I've no idea how this came about. Quite an extreme botanical mix-up, at any rate...

Comment

Originally posted by longeared View Post
                    Couldn't tell you who or when it was, but I did see a programme once apologise for printing a prize wordsearch that included two spelling mistakes.
                    Bradford City had to apologise for having the letters F U C K in a row across the top of their word search fairly recently

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Thistle View Post
                      Had something similar in a Barry programme earlier this season when Cardiff Met had a history eerily similar to Cefn Druids, including being one of the oldest clubs in the world and playing in Cefn.
                      Ah, to be fair, even Cefn Druids do that whole "oldest club in Wales" thing despite not being the oldest club in Wales

Comment

I'm going to have to dig out the programme but in 2010 Wrexham's programme had a cover photo of Anthony Barry in a Wrexham shirt ... unfortunately BArry had signed for us on the Tuesday but by the Friday had decided to sign for Fleetwood town instead!
                        I think this must be the only instance of a player appearaing on a club's programme cover despite never, ever playing for the club!

Comment

You know every programmes is an "Official Matchday Programme" or an "Official Matchday Magazine", has anyone every bought an unofficial version of a programme?

Comment

Dud programmes was apparently a thriving bootleg industry in Gaelic games (Gaelic football and hurling) in the 1970s and 80s. Never seen an example, unfortunately.

Comment

I remember reading an article about the scourge of unofficial programmes once. I assume it was in WSC years ago.

Comment

They always seem to have unofficial programmes outside the ground in several Eastern European countries. There are several versions of programmes for recent Serbia v Wales matches

Comment

A Bangor fan of my acquaintance once told me that there was more than one version of the Napoli v Bangor 2nd leg but I think he meant that VIPs / Directors got a special version.

Pirate programmes is another name for unofficial programmes apparently - Link, Link 2 (This time with pictures!)

Comment

'Wembly Stadium' - ha.

I didn't think anybody made spelling errors back in 1929.

Comment

Originally posted by Kowalski View Post
                                      has anyone every bought an unofficial version of a programme?
                                      I remember seeing unofficial programmes on sale outside the stadium at England's matches in Sweden and Austria in 2004. I am fairly sure I bought the one in Gothenburg and probably still have it knocking around somewhere...

Comment

Not actually a misprint but I do remember watching a live game on Sky a number of years ago, when they used to display part of the club crest as a kind of watermark behind the team sheets. I can't remember who Scunthorpe were playing, but it was rather unfortunate that the graphic designers chose to display a part of the badge where the second, third, fourth and fifth letters were displayed so prominently on the screen

Comment

Working...
                                        X