Gotta love ticket touts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta love ticket touts

Just received some tickets for an event in March I ordered for my wife at Christmas, from "Get Me In!". Hilariously, they warn "under no circumstances should you contact the event organiser, as you may inadvertently cause your tickets to be invalidated".

What, because they'll realise they've been sold on to a third party for profit, which I think someone was trying to make illegal if it hasn't been already?

My love for touts continues. Earlier on I bought two tickets for the Roginettes to go and see the Kaiser Chiefs in February, for £35 each. They went on sale at 9am this morning and it was expected they'd sell out quick (it's the great hall at Exeter Uni). Went later on viagogo just out of interest to see what they were charging. £101 each.
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 21-09-2018, 11:48.

Comment

Asking. Very unlikely they were clearing in a trade at that price.

Comment

Meanwhile, we're learning what we all suspected, that Ticketmaster is deep in bed with organized scalping.

As a frequent concert-goer who often has trouble getting decent seats, this infuriates me. I won't pay for resales, so if the entire industry goes this way, I just won't go.

Kudos to the Verified Fan process, which should be the norm. It's not like they couldn't automate the whole business and be done with it.

But when Ticketmaster themselves are in on the very profitable scam, why bother?

https://www.thestar.com/news/investi...-scalpers.html

Comment

Working...
        X