No announcement yet.

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter's for making your own soup, surely?

(Although quite why I'm responding to a two-and-a-half-year-old thread about...etc, etc.)

Comment

I had Pacific Brand Organic Creamy Tomato soup today with a grilled mozzarella sandwich. It was as good as it sounds.

Comment

Do you dunk the sandwich in the soup gravy style or chew and slurp separates?

Comment

Originally posted by TonTon View Post
          What the fuck is "cup soup"? Who has every said "cup soup"? Cup A soup.
          Did I get an answer?

Comment

Fuck this I’m hungry and have a can of pea and ham soup just winking at me. Mustn’t cave in, so late so cold.

Comment

Not really much of an answer, no. No offence, like. But cup-a-soup, it's like hoover.

Comment

You’re right of course. I even read the thread title as Cup-a-soup. If it wasn’t Bachelors with the croutons minestrone, it wasn’t minestrone.

Comment

I take a bite of sandwich and a sip of the soup. It was just the right temperature not to scald my lip and tongue, too.

Comment

Not really much of an answer, no. No offence, like. But cup-a-soup, it's like hoover.
                    Where do you stand on 'cup noodles', TT?

Comment

I made chestnut and chorizo soup last week. It was glorious. We don't do enough with chestnuts in the UK.

Comment

Did I get an answer?
                        Yes, from me upthread. Almost exactly a year ago to the minute.

Comment

Do you think GO has a reminder set for every 14th of November now to give us his soup rotation?

Comment

*Euphemism alert*

Comment

Final week of the final rotation of Winter:

Waitrose Mushroom
                              Ainsley's Hot And Sour
                              Heinz Tomato With Chilli
                              Waitrose Pea And Mint
                              Waitrose Chicken Noodle

See you when the clocks go back...

Comment

You're very optimistic about winter ending imminently, GO.

Comment

Yeah, but at least it'll be light in the early evenings...

Comment

Half-way through the first rotation of Winter. And it's same as it was before, but in a different order...

Waitrose Mushroom
                                    Waitrose Pea And Mint
                                    Waitrose Chicken Noodle
                                    Heinz Tomato With Chilli
                                    Ainsley's Hot And Sour

And one sachet of Bachelors' Chicken And Vegetable left over from our Summer holidays.

Comment

I can present you with the gift of soup (brought to me on here by the Ursus collective).

Excellent tomato soup. I highly recommend paying up to move up-the-curve on tinned tomatoes where possible.

Comment

Like clockwork. Thanks GO.

Comment

Just had a tin of Scotch Broth. Decent enough but only two tiny chunks of lamb. Yesterday was Heinz Tomato, still heavyweight champion of the world, the Godfather of Soup, the Red Baron, my first, my last, my everything.

I've also been riffing off tinned bacon and spicy lentil, which is some wholesome shit. We're talking watching The Waltons with the family before a Sunday walk through the country levels of wholesome.

I've given up on packet soup. If I want Hot and Sour, baby, I'll look in a fucking mirror.

Nor really. I'll go to Ho's Bakery round the back of mine in China Town/Spice World. It's a quid and a bit for a tub of the gloopy deliciousness. With all the drug deals going on around the pagoda still it's a real case of Charlie, brown and gloopy.

Repping the Manchester Soup Scene. Keeping it soup 24/7.

Comment

Originally posted by EIM View Post
                                            Yesterday was Heinz Tomato.
                                            You might as well heat up a candy floss and then dye it red. You ill-dressed blighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangster Octopus View Post
                                              Half-way through the first rotation of Winter. And it's same as it was before, but in a different order...

Waitrose Mushroom
                                              Waitrose Pea And Mint
                                              Waitrose Chicken Noodle
                                              Heinz Tomato With Chilli
                                              Ainsley's Hot And Sour

And one sachet of Bachelors' Chicken And Vegetable left over from our Summer holidays.
                                              Are you ever troubled by crystalized salt coming from your pores?

Comment

This is inspiring me to make some of my celebrated ham, lentil, pea and tomato soup. Thick as a brick and the perfect antidote to a cold, damp, dismal day.

Comment

Yeah, I might well get my slow cook soup on this Friday.

Comment

Don't forget the Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodle.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X