Heinz Tomato cup soups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heinz Tomato cup soups

I probably wouldn't bother, folks, even if they are on special in Morrisons.I perked mine up a bit with lots of black pepper and Cholula hot sauce, but you shouldn't have to, should you? Stick to the tins.

As an aside, isn't life a bit like a cup soup, hmmmmm? Full of excitement at the beginning. Watered-down disappointment for the majority, then you get to the thick bit towards the end, full of flavour and substance and you think "Aye. Maybe that wasn't so bad after all."

Heinz Tomato cup soups

You need to stir it up a bit when you're halfway through. Get a divorce, buy a sports car, chuck your career in to become a painter and live on a beach, that's the sort of thing.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Heinz have gone to shit. The soup, sauce, beans, all of it. Bland and fucking pallid puddles of piss in a tin. If you want good cup soup then buy Ainsley Harriots stuff, it's miles better than anything Heinz do.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

They've been caught out by the so-called healthy eating nazis. A good old tin of Heinz beans contained about 33% of the recommended daily sugar and salt intake for an elephant.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Sean of the Shed wrote: Heinz have gone to shit. The soup, sauce, beans, all of it. Bland and fucking pallid puddles of piss in a tin. If you want good cup soup then buy Ainsley Harriots stuff, it's miles better than anything Heinz do.
          I've been recommended his hot and sour. I shall investigate.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Heinz beans are for rich fools. Branston's where it's at.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Just this year, my son asked if I knew how to make "those nice beans in the sauce with little hot dog pieces that Gran does".

"What...bean and wieners?"

"Yeah that's it!"

"Uh....I think I can do that."

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Last cup soup of the winter. Ainsley's Hot & Sour. Yesterday it was Heinz tomato, the day before Batchelors' minestrone, the day before that Waitrose's chicken noodle and Monday it was Batchelors' asparagus. Next soup at the end of October.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

WOM wrote: Just this year, my son asked if I knew how to make "those nice beans in the sauce with little hot dog pieces that Gran does".

"What...bean and wieners?"

"Yeah that's it!"

"Uh....I think I can do that."
                  I didn't know you went to George Brown College.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

It was my thesis topic.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

I would be more inclined towards cup soups if they had caffeine in them.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

So Solidarnosc Crew wrote:
                        As an aside, isn't life a bit like a cup soup, hmmmmm? Full of excitement at the beginning. Watered-down disappointment for the majority, then you get to the thick bit towards the end, full of flavour and substance and you think "Aye. Maybe that wasn't so bad after all."
                        I'd be more inclined to think I should've stirred it better and not been is such a rush to consume it.

edit (to admins) - I thought I quoted EIM's OP, but it seems not to be the case. What happened there ?

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Agreed that the sludge at the bottom is the best bit.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

After the old Reeves & Mortimer sketches I immediately associate Cup a Soups with Slade, not a bad thing obviously.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Buy a tin of peeled tomatoes.

Blend them.

Cook as soup.

Add whatever you want.

Done.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Hugh Fatbastard wrote:
                                Originally posted by So Solidarnosc Crew
                                I'd be more inclined to think I should've stirred it better and not been is such a rush to consume it.

edit (to admins) - I thought I quoted EIM's OP, but it seems not to be the case. What happened there ?
                                When you quote an old post, you get the username it was posted under at the time. As EIM is now a hipster doofus, he changes his name as often as he changes his socks.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

That's twice I've been called a Hipster. In my whole life, like, so I guess I'm doing alright actually.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Oh, right. I actually knew that.

I didn't realise this was a previously enjoyed thread.

I feel foolish.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Youse can fuck off with your Big Red Cupasoups: Against Modern Food.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

I, of course, slow-dehydrate my own artisanal soups made out of, fuck knows, bulgar and bits of slate or somert. And bacon. Stick that lot on a burger too big to comfortably eat.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Hugh Fatbastard wrote: I feel foolish.
                                          Don't. It's a standard GO trick. You resuscitate a thread from 2009, post something new and laugh at the suckers. See my post under the "JFK shot in Dallas" thread. .

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Where's the link, man ? I'm clicking everywhere and nothing's happening.

You don't expect me to search that up myself do you ?

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

What the fuck is "cup soup"? Who has every said "cup soup"? Cup A soup.

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

First week back on the cup-soups. Winter is here...

Comment

Heinz Tomato cup soups

Been enjoying lentil and bacon soups of many different types recently. Yet to go cup a soup, but it's inevitable at some point. Will be purchasing a new soup mug for Soup Season.

What soup did you have, GO? May we have some soup reviews here please?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X