Trouble at the Manor: Clapton Ultras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting to think I dislike Clapton Ultras. If this is something that makes me a bad person, well ... I guess I'll have to live with that.

Comment

I smell a pie and mash squad member!

Comment

Edit: I made myself laugh, but next thing we'll have them over here, so ..

Comment

I have my reservations about Clapton Ultras, I find it all a bit contrived and inorganic, but I wish them all the best. A football club where minorities not only feel welcome, but get involved, can never really be a bad thing, no matter how much gushing, middle-class wankery gets written about them. Wankery that they aren't responsible for, remember...

Comment

ursus arctos wrote: They started out on Hackney Downs, but moved to Forest Gate in the late 19th century.
            Despite living about 25 mins walk from the Spotted Dog for about 30 years, I only recently realised Clapton did not actually play in Clapton.

Since I go to fewer Darlo games these days, I sometimes wander down there and sit in the stand opposite the Ultras. Not because they're a scary bunch, just because I'm a miserable git and can't abide endless singing.

Comment

That's exactly what I've done when I've been to watch them and for the same reason. There's a few problems with the Ultras but overall they're a positive thing for the reasons EIM describes. Anyone who is upsetting the nasty little cunts they are is getting something right.

Comment

A banner showing solidarity with Clapton Ultras made an appearance at FC United tonight. Which is heart-warming. KICK RIGHT-WING BELLENDS OUT OF FOOTBALL. (That's not what it said, that's my own message)

Comment

You should get that on a flag, though.

Comment

Two flags in the pipeline, first is LOVE UNITED HATE FOOTBALL, then next is A FIST OF PURE EMOTION, A HEAD OF SHATTERED DREAMS. But that'll defo be the third.

Comment

Not block caps though, please.

Comment

LOVE UNITED LOVE BLOCK CAPS

Comment

Where the FUCK is that "like" button?

Comment

So Solidarnosc Crew wrote: LOVE UNITED LOVE BLOCK CAPS
                            Capital letters are elitist.

Bertolt Brecht said so, it must be true.

Comment

I don't use capital letters on the FC United unofficial forum because I claim to be an anti-capitalist. Hard to believe I give that sort of content away for free, isn't it?

Comment

Almost inconceivable.

Comment

So Solidarnosc Crew wrote: A banner showing solidarity with Clapton Ultras made an appearance at FC United tonight. Which is heart-warming. KICK RIGHT-WING BELLENDS OUT OF FOOTBALL. (That's not what it said, that's my own message)
                                  Lovely stuff. Hope the "Leave your politics at the turnstiles" lot were suitably scandalised.

Comment

Clapton-hedz! What happened this weekend with Hedley, then?

Comment

Is this Steve Hedley the RMT guy?

Comment

The RMT guy and violent misogynist thug, yes.

Comment

https://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2015/03/520021.html

Hmmmmm

Comment

Worth pointing out that blog is written by a guy called Seamus Colligan who's entire "activism" is based around harassing people who stand up to abusers and has a track record of abuse himself.

Comment

It also didn't mention that Hedley had been asked not to turn up to Clapton again, or so I understand.

Comment

What on earth is that all about? Can I have an executive sumary for outsiders, please?

Comment

Hedley is a violent misogynist thug. He beat up his girlfriend, got away with it, and pulled the usual violent misogynist thug's trick of calling her nuts and other such tropes.

He shouldn't be welcome anywhere. And he isn't welcome at Clapton. As he's been told. As have his thug mates.

Comment

How did the Celtic fans fit in here and why would a Clapton fan try to make off with their banner?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X