Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggesting for great (continental) European Music?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe I'm coming late to this and there's a huge thread, (and like my 18 year old self getting laughed at by the sports desk of The Gazette (middlesbrough) by proffering a musical suggestion to a group of ex punks, rockers and glammers,) and I'm about to be laughed out of cyberspace, but I've liked this band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v40w_y-OOXQ for years.

Anyone else like a little known (in the UK) Euro band/artist and would like to share?

Nice post. Shame about the link.

Comment

Balls!

Intergalactic Lovers is the band.

Comment

I don't know what's little known in the UK. Here's some music from the low lands.

Belgian rock:
        Triggerfinger - All This Dancin' Around

More Belgian rock:
        The Black Box Revelation - High On A Wire

Dutch hip hop:
        Pete Philly & Perquisite - Mystery Repeats

Dutch electrofunk:
        Kraak & Smaak feat. Ben Westbeech - Squeeze Me

More Dutch electrofunk:
        C-Mon & Kypski feat. Benjamin Herman & Kyteman - More Is Less

I really don't know how to classify this:
        Kyteman's HipHop Orchestra feat. Omar Soulay - No More Singing The Blues

Comment

My favourite German punk band Oma Hans:

Danke, Wipers

Oma Hans also existed, in more or less the same line-up, as Blumen am Arsch der Hölle, as Angeschissen, as Dackelblut and as Kommando Sonne-nmilch. They're currently performing as Alte Sau.

Comment

There's a nice group of songwriters in Portugal who appear in each other's bands, sing in Portuguese and generally appear to have a good time. From that group of musicians, Diabo na Cruz are by far my favourite band.

Dona Ligeirinha

Vida de Estrada

Comment

From when I was a Dutch Rock Star Watch to the bitter end.

Comment

Hahaha
                That's fucking terrible.

Were you forced to do that?

Comment

No. I don't know if I was even paid. I just love being on television. Even if it is dutch television.

Comment

anyway, you're just jealous. The dutch posters know what a mega star I am.

Comment

Fuck me!
                      Is that you stinking out the Acropolis too?

It's like a bunch of young offenders on a European jolly.
                      You've suffered for your art now it's Europe's turn.

Comment

no, I've never been to greece. And I think that BZN would love to be called young offenders. THey were hitting sixty back in 1999.

Comment

They're dreadful aren't they?

See when you were playing that, you were thinking 'fuck me, this is dross', weren't you?

Comment

My sister has her eyes closed when the camera is up close on her, and laughing in the wide shots, and I'm mostly looking at the ground. It was fucking hilarious. We were trying to deal with the mental harp player shouting out "bring me passion bring me ecstasy" through a bizarre rictus grin. We had to do that shot again and again and again. We also filmed a lengthy Jingle bells section. It was 25 fucking degrees.

I know exactly how they felt recording the phil spector christmas album in los angeles in mid june.

Comment

Hahaha.

Are you saying you didn't get paid for having to suffer that?
                              It's the sort of thing wouldn't make the qualifiers for Lithuania's Song For Europe.

Comment

It was considerably less weird than opening for the wolfe Tones in late 1997. Didn't get paid for that either.

Comment

Well, just be content that you did your bit for Republican Prisoners Aid.

Comment

hah, my dad taught Derek Warfield his first reel on the tin whistle, back when they were a third division, struggling apolitical folk group, finding it difficult to make ends meet on the verges of the ballad boom.

four years later and, well lets just say that discovering politics were good for inchicore's second favourite sons.

Comment

spudfish83 wrote: Maybe I'm coming late to this and there's a huge thread, (and like my 18 year old self getting laughed at by the sports desk of The Gazette (middlesbrough) by proffering a musical suggestion to a group of ex punks, rockers and glammers,) and I'm about to be laughed out of cyberspace, but I've liked this band https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v40w_y-OOXQ for years.

Anyone else like a little known (in the UK) Euro band/artist and would like to share?
                                      Does continental exclude Sweden, Iceland, Norway and Finland?

Genuine question. I've always thought "continental" starts with Denmark and south from there up until France, Italy, Greece etc

Comment

I'll try Iceland regardless. From the late 1960's
                                        Trubrot -What we believe in

From Bosnia (parts of the English accent are on purpose)
                                        Dubioza kolektiv - USA

From Sweden
                                        Sky high - I ain't begging

Comment

Working...
                                        X