Television of 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Television of 2014

But, sooner or later, there will be blood.

Or that's my reading.

Comment

Television of 2014

Yeah, I suppose that's a theme running through all of it; that bloodshed only begets more bloodshed. But that's how feudalism works. But in Hamlet, it feels like the point he's making is more along the lines of "life is short" rather than pleading with the upper class to get along more peacefully.

Comment

Television of 2014

Yeah, I suppose that's a theme running through all of it; that bloodshed only begets more bloodshed. But that's how feudalism works.

Not only feudalism, sadly. It's also the theme of that other quasi-Shakesperian tele-tragedy Sons of Anarchy. The final episode of which, I'm just about to watch.

Comment

Television of 2014

Black Mirror was just put on Netflix and I'm struggling to handle how good it is. It's like they asked me what I'd want in a tv series and made it.

Comment

Television of 2014

Cub: More duck! More duck! More Duck! Pease. Pease more duck. Daddy more Duck?
            Hobbes: You may watch 1 more duck
            Cub: Ummore duck. Ummore duck.

7 minutes later...

Cub: More Duck! More Duck! More Duck! Pease? Pease more duck? Daddy more Duck?

It's like baby smack.
            Ours has a big thing for Bing at the moment, and Woolly and Tig, which are thematically linked I guess - all about toddlers seeking guidance and reassurance from a wise mentor. Both great, as it goes. As is Abney and Teale

Comment

Television of 2014

Hardly "Television of 2014" but I watched the BBC series of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. Cracking stuff.

Comment

Television of 2014

True Detective by a mile but it ended badly, so #1-6 or 7.

The Bridge was good at times (US version).

The Missing

I watch others but that's just filling time. A laugh here and there and a day later it's all forgotten.

Comment

Television of 2014

Black Mirror was just put on Netflix and I'm struggling to handle how good it is. It's like they asked me what I'd want in a tv series and made it.
                  Glad you like it. A couple of the episodes are duds (relatively speaking), but the best ones are among the best hours of telly ever and like nothing else on TV.

Comment

Working...
                  X