Star Wars Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Trailer!

I also support MsD's request. May the Fourth be with you.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Harry Truscott wrote:
      Originally posted by Geoffrey de Ste. Croix
      Originally posted by danielmak
      Here is another one with a few extra snippets that weren't in the original post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1090159597&feature= iv&src_vid=pYUSz03Jfv0&v=Do2XqfA9Ivg

And I think that new light sabre is pretty dope.
      18-19 seconds in- that Jedi is the absolute spit of Slavoj Žižek.
      That's who I thought was Luke.

It's taken me umpteen viewings and that even-newer teaser to realise that's Mark Hamill.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Luke R wrote:
        Originally posted by Harry Truscott
        Originally posted by Geoffrey de Ste. Croix
        Originally posted by danielmak
        Here is another one with a few extra snippets that weren't in the original post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_1090159597&feature= iv&src_vid=pYUSz03Jfv0&v=Do2XqfA9Ivg

And I think that new light sabre is pretty dope.
        18-19 seconds in- that Jedi is the absolute spit of Slavoj Žižek.
        That's who I thought was Luke.

It's taken me umpteen viewings and that even-newer teaser to realise that's Mark Hamill.
        Isn't the consensus that that's not an official teaser trailer but a fan made one?

Ignore me, realised that this is a different link.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Yes, that's definitely Luke, who

SPOILER

apparently starts Episode VII half-mad, living in some remote place in Ireland. A bit like Berbaslug.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Just that shot of him with the beard, I mean, he looks really good.

I was wondering how they were going to include him as he's hardly known for his high profile acting work any more. I just thought it might jar a bit. He's going to be the Obi-Wan of episode VII then I guess.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

tratorello wrote:

Isn't the consensus that that's not an official teaser trailer but a fan made one?
              You mean the third one posted up by danielmak? I didn't think that looked official either.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Harry Truscott wrote:
                Originally posted by tratorello

You mean the third one posted up by danielmak? I didn't think that looked official either.
                Yes, that's the one I meant.

Personally I think it looks pretty good but a lot of people reckon it's the official trailer spliced together with bits from various computer games and other sources.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Harry Truscott wrote: I sense Jongudmund is going to be invaluable on this thread for the next year.
                  I sensed an awakening also.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Gotta admit, I'm really looking forward to this even more now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngElkyQ6Rhs

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Would have been cool if they had aged Chewbacca.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

They're going to start lining up before Thanksgiving, aren't they?

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

I was wondering, will that still happen with presales now?

But if they do, hopefully we get a reprise of this.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Hang on, "My father has it."

Not "had", or does he just mean that because he "lives on in The Force" or some such?

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Yeah, that bothered me as well.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Harry Truscott wrote: Hang on, "My father has it."

Not "had", or does he just mean that because he "lives on in The Force" or some such?
                                Talking about Luke, innit? He obviously had kids.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

But Luke is the one speaking.

Here's one suggested explanation:

It's also interesting that Luke says "My father has it", not "My father had it". That's a strange use of present tense for a man who's purportedly dead and burned to a crisp.

Edit: As commenter Cimmerius points out, Luke's speech is actually the same one he gives to Leia at the Ewok village in Return of the Jedi, with an extra new line at the end. It doesn't quite sound like same speech audio, reused, but an older Luke saying the same thing to someone.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Antonio Pulisao wrote: Would have been cool if they had aged Chewbacca.
                                    Yeah, what gives? He's not aged at all between episode 3 and episode 7. L'Oreal should sign him up.

I wonder who is holding Vader's melted mask. Be weird for Luke to have kept it.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Ah, yes :

LUKE
                                      You're wrong, Leia. You have that power too. In time you'll learn to use it as I have. The Force is strong in my family. My father has it...I have it...and...my sister has it.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Do we know how long Wookies live for? If it's, say...five hundred years, then the time between the episodes may not be significant to age them that much.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

I instantly recognised that dialogue as riffing on the conversation in the Ewok village.

My wife has yelled at me before when we were watching Empire Strikes Back for saying all of Yoda's lines before he says them.

I need to re-evaluate my life choices.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Man, I love all this shit.

I'm going to get to take my boy to a Star Wars movie at Xmas that might not suck, it's a wonderful life.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Harry Truscott wrote: Do we know how long Wookies live for? If it's, say...five hundred years, then the time between the episodes may not be significant to age them that much.
                                              They live a long time. Chewbacca is apparently 200 years old in Star Wars: A New Hope.

He spent a lot of his early life as a slave until Han rescued him. So now he owes a life-debt to Han. This was according to the Han Sols novels that came out in the early 80s. I think a lot of that has been retconned now.

(In later comics Chewie dies saving Han's children so the life-debt gets paid off.)

Why do i know all this stuff? I don't even have to look it up.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Harry Truscott wrote:
                                                I'm going to get to take my boy to a Star Wars movie at Xmas that might not suck, it's a wonderful life.
                                                I thoroughly approve. But be careful. It can get quite addictive and at a young age he may well not be able to discern between the Holy Trilogy and the Pr*qu*ls.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Harry Truscott wrote: Hang on, "My father has it."

Hopefully the lightning stuff with the Emperor really, really killed him. Otherwise they'll be subjecting us to holo images of Hayden Christianson communicating from the dead ala Alec Guinness.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Jongudmund wrote:
                                                    Originally posted by Harry Truscott
                                                    Do we know how long Wookies live for? If it's, say...five hundred years, then the time between the episodes may not be significant to age them that much.
                                                    They live a long time. Chewbacca is apparently 200 years old in Star Wars: A New Hope.

He spent a lot of his early life as a slave until Han rescued him. So now he owes a life-debt to Han. This was according to the Han Sols novels that came out in the early 80s. I think a lot of that has been retconned now.

(In later comics Chewie dies saving Han's children so the life-debt gets paid off.)

Why do i know all this stuff? I don't even have to look it up.
                                                    Ah, that's right. Chewbacca was a slave in the shit Star Wars, wasn't he...

So, what's happening in the trailer? I assume that the girl is the lovechild of Han Solo and Leia, and she inherited the Force from the mother and craftiness from her Dad. Coulr be interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X