Star Wars Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star Wars Trailer!

Yeah, enjoyed that - enough little tidbits to chew on for a while and liked the look of the ships trailing red smoke or whatever it was.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Is it singular or plural though?
      In German they translated it as plural, which might be a bit of a spoiler.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

In French too, "Les Derniers Jedi" - actually this annoys me about French, they do this in "Les Simpson" too, it's plural guys put an s at the end , would it kill you? (not that they would ever pronounce it).

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

This is great, I'm taking this on trust that it's legit ;

'The Last Jedi' and 'The Force Awakens' trailers side by side.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

VTTBoscombe wrote: In French too, "Les Derniers Jedi" - actually this annoys me about French, they do this in "Les Simpson" too, it's plural guys put an s at the end , would it kill you? (not that they would ever pronounce it).
            What an odd thing to get annoyed by (it's the same in Spanish). It's a bunch of people (plural) whose surname is Simpson - in a language where the article indicates the number, why would they stick an 's' on the end of the name as well? (Admittedly it took me a while to get used to this when I first came across it - which oddly enough happened via The Simpsons.)

Oh, it's 'Los Últimos Jedi' in Spanish, too. I always watch the trailers for these films even though I have no interest in actually going to watch them once they're out. Not sure why.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Seeing I have a surname that ends in an s, that they always fail to pronounce - maybe I am a bit too touchy about that.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

Sorry, VTTBoscombes.

Comment

Star Wars Trailer!

The pluralisation in other languages is really interesting. It hadn't occurred to me that 'The Last Jedi' could be referring to more than one person. But of course Jedi is a plural as well as a singular.

I wondered if Luke is the last Jedi and Rey will be something else. Yoda told Luke that 'When I am gone, the last of the Jedi will you be' - this might be the plot-line regarding Ben Solo. Luke was trying to train more Jedi but he was meant to be the last one so naturally Ben Solo fell to the Dark Side.

Well, maybe not. It's fun to speculate.

I'm guessing they will also find a way to kill off Princess Leia. Sad times.

Comment

New trailer and tickets on sale overnight Monday/Tuesday.

Comment

Did I just watch a trailer for a trailer?

Comment

Originally posted by tracteurgarçon View Post
                        Did I just watch a trailer for a trailer?
                        That's hilarious.

So, here you go, the real deal versus the trailer for a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/kJ36oNzD2zo

Comment

Mmmph. I'm beginning to have a very bad feeling about this.

"It appears they've replaced Han Solo with that bird thing." - Mrs Thistle

Comment

The trailer is certainly far less attention-grabbing than the ones for TFA and Rogue One.

That silly “Porg” thing is no worse than BB8...hopefully.

Comment

It's worse.

Comment

Disney announce new Star Wars trilogy - surely finishing the original story arc would have been the best coda, but seems dineros count most:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AFP/statu...47146916040704

Comment

Is Rogue Trader or whatever worth watching? I haven’t even seen that yet, no desire to watch up to episode 12. Or a fuckin Young Han Solo joint.

Comment

A new trilogy with entirely new characters does not bode well. It invites writers of the almost universally shite spin-off books and comics to come in and create a load of hackneyed new rubbish. More so than even Snoke.

Comment

Originally posted by Lang Spoon View Post
                                      Is Rogue Trader or whatever worth watching? I haven’t even seen that yet, no desire to watch up to episode 12. Or a fuckin Young Han Solo joint.
                                      I really didn't like it and thought it was a rushed out mess. I'd say why but spoilers.

Comment

Yes, well worth watching. More intense and perhaps darker than a straight Star Wars movie in many ways. Really a war film set against the backdrop of the main stories.

Comment

The last ten minutes of Rogue One truly redeem it. The build up to that is a bit shit, tbh.

Comment

Watched it twice. First time, I really enjoyed it (much more so than "The Force Awakens") but on second viewing I realised it's a bit of a badly paced mess, it takes far too long to get going, has some weird, only partially resolved and unnecessary subplots but then comes to a rollicking conclusion.

Also, considering the lead character is female it's a complete sausage fest of a movie, almost every rebel and Imperial character is male, you'd think that a rebellion would have a few more female soldiers, pilots, spies, etc, even the robots are all nominally "male".

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                              The last ten minutes of Rogue One truly redeem it. The build up to that is a bit shit, tbh.
                                              Nope. Didn't like that either.

Comment

Lang, if you want to read the bitching and whining about Rogue One, it's all here https://www.onetouchfootball.com/sho...ead-(spoilers)

A lot of the bitching and whining is from me.

Comment

I’m with you PT in that thread despite never having seen it cos I’m a pure pessimist. When I saw the ending compared to Pompeii (by Hot Pepsi?), oh my. That was the worst slice of mouldy ham I’ve ever had the misfortune to come across. At first I thought it was that shitey Scary Movie style take off of 300, then I realized that was fucking John Snow stinking up the screen, not that fanny Sean Maguire from Eastenders fame. and it was Real Acting.

If it ends with two major characters embracing while getting vaporized, I’ll laugh like a drain. Easier just not to watch it.

Comment

That's how if ends for the rebel heroes.

It's followed by an obviously tacked on end scene with Vader put in to make the fan boys spunk their pants.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X