Star Wars Trailer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

******MINOR SPOILERS*******

I was left very frustrated by The Last Jedi. Had its moments, but too few of them in a 150 minute film. Lots of padding with battle scenes, fight scenes, dialogue about fuel supplies and trudging about that fecking island. Very unsatisfactory resolve to two of the story arcs from episode 7.
    Last edited by Rogin the Armchair fan; 14-12-2017, 15:37.

Comment

Do we not have a separate, spoiler-ridden post for The Last Jedi?

Comment

Pretty sure we had separate preview and review (with spoilers) threads, yes.

Been waiting for the latter to pop up to give my comments too.

Comment

I liked it a lot. I wish it had answered more mysteries, though.

Comment

Teaser for ‘Solo’ from the Super Bowl ads, fuller trailer out later today/overnight.

Comment

Looks good. I’m also looking forward to the next Mission Impossible, which also released a trailer during the Superb Owl. Those are consistently good, even if Tom Cruise is nuts. The trailer for that Skyscraper movie with the Rock looked like a parody of every trailer for a mediocre disaster movie in the last ten years. The others were trailers for things that already had trailers - Infinity War, Red Sparrow, etc.

Comment

Full trailer here.

Comment

Hmmm. Who’s Solo played by?

Comment

Full Solo trailer here.

It looks good, I’m still upset that Phoebe Waller Bridge’s character is via motion capture but at least we can hear her voice now.

Comment

So, I was sceptical.

But now I've watched that and I can't wait!!!

Comment

I thought the first trailer didn't look good, but now it seems better to me. I have a feeling that Donald Glover is going to be great.

Comment

Mrs Thistle is intrigued by the fleeting glimpse of a possible wookiee love interest for Chewie.

I strongly suspect whoever it is won't be good enough for him, in her eyes.

Also, yet again the sassy robot will probably prove to be the best new character in the film.

Comment

I still get excited every single time the machine cranks up again :

[URL]https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1116749912983707650?s=21[/URL]

Comment

Rey is so cool.

Comment

She is having quite the gap year.

Comment

Against my better judgement, I may have to watch Episode 9 now that I know Ian McDiarmid's Emperor is in it.

(Disclaimer: I still want to put Darth Whiny Goth and Poe Fucking Dameron in a bin and napalm it though)

Comment

December 19th, tickets went on sale today ;

Comment

(Uses force to try and make sure it’s not as shit as the last one)

Comment

Cool - is this the new Tomb Raider?

Comment

I sure hope they have more comedy moments such as Luke Skywalker throwing the lightsabre over his shoulder!
                                          It was so great, such smooth tonal shifts, such wonderful vistas.
                                          They might even work on the script for this one.

Comment

Less skellig Michael might help the unworldy buzz for those of us familiar with Irish geography. And a script, aye. And no more Floaty Leia.

Comment

CGI Leia ascending like space Jesus through the cosmos was so fucking funny, and it really shouldn't have been.

Comment

What a load of shite really. Emo Vader can fuck off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogin the Armchair fan View Post
                                                  (Uses force to try and make sure it’s not as shit as the last one)
                                                  I thought the last one was the best one. Luke, like all real mystics, learned how the trappings of religion can only get you so far before they actually become a hindrance. I liked that Yoda basically admitted “fucked up, we have often.”

Apparently Mark Hamill didn’t get that, but he’s wrong. Luke’s arc made perfect sense.

Rey is great. And I like Emo Vader. Every generation gets the Sith Lord it needs.

He’s believable. Like a lot of kids who get sucked into the military, he is pulled by the dark side, but he’s not a true believer like Darth Vader was. Like Luke, he’s seeing the limitations of the tradition he’s in and just wants to drop it and wants to be free. But he wants to be free to let loose his anger and frustration.

Luke just wants to be one with the Force. Rey and Finn just want a family and to belong somewhere.

Both Rey and Finn are played by English actors but Finn has an American accent. There’s no rhyme or reason to who has what accent.

Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 22-10-2019, 21:46.

Comment

Rey being Jolly Hockey Sticks Posh Chosen One Accent does grind one's gears somewhat, what.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X