Best performance by a kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricky Schroder in 'The Champ'. "Mister help me. Wake him up! Wake him!" - gets me every time.

Comment

I'm a work this shit on two levels/gonna make the obvious joke that everybody has deliberately resisted making.

Goats - a coming of age comedy drama starring David Duchovny and a fifteen year old kid. Boy. Goat.

Comment

A couple from every cineaste top whatever list:

The 400 Blows (one of the few films I honestly think everyone ever would like)

Zero de Conduite (older and less universal but what a great scene that is)

Comment

I'm surprised series four of The Wire hasn't been mentioned yet. Or have I skimmed over it?

Comment

I think we're leaving TV shows out, otherwise Kiernan Shipka would have had multi-mentions by now.

Comment

Both sons in The Return and the kid in Blind Shaft and the girl in The Host, which showed me how much the yute figured prominently in my favorite films of the 2000s.

Comment

Danny Lloyd in The Shining?

Comment

Lucia Lanigan wrote: A couple from every cineaste top whatever list:

The 400 Blows (one of the few films I honestly think everyone ever would like)

Zero de Conduite (older and less universal but what a great scene that is)
                  Bloody hell, how did I forget The 400 Blows?

Comment

Andy Townsends Tactics Truck wrote: I'm a work this shit on two levels/gonna make the obvious joke that everybody has deliberately resisted making.

Goats - a coming of age comedy drama starring David Duchovny and a fifteen year old kid. Boy. Goat.
                    Pathetic.

This is how you do it...

Comment

A few more that may be considered worthy of mention:

Dakota Fanning in 'Hounddog'

Oskar Matzerath in 'The Tin Drum'

Ivana Baquero in 'Pan's Labyrinth

And it's of course dominated by a performance of a different sort, but both JeeJa Yanin and Taphon Phopwandee were good (fun) in 'Chocolate', I think. (There were no stunt doubles used in that film, apparently. The out-takes compilation at the end, where they're getting rather horribly hurt sometimes is quite remarkable.)

Comment

Jodie Foster as Tallulah in Bugsy Malone. When I was about 12 I was absolutely in love with her.

And Carrie Henn in Aliens. Mainly for the line about how they 'mostly come out at night.'

'Mostly...'

Comment

Gangster Octopus wrote:
                          Originally posted by Andy Townsends Tactics Truck
                          I'm a work this shit on two levels/gonna make the obvious joke that everybody has deliberately resisted making.

Pathetic.

This is how you do it...
                          Usurped on the goat front. Damn.

Well played. And I'm not petty but...

Comment

Elvis Wilbury takes a turn wrote: Wot, no Shirley Temple? America's sweetheart of the 30s.
                            Every time I've seen her she gives me that creepy feeling which I get watching a documentary about American women who enter their 5 year old daughters into beauty pageants. The horror.

Comment

I've got to second Natalie Portman in Leon. The start and end of that film are among the most moving scenes I've ever seen on screen.

Comment

Working...
                              X