No announcement yet.

Bill Cosby allegations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I particularly liked the 'no bail pending appeal'. That sent a message, I thought.

Comment

The whole sentence did.

It was essentially what he prosecution asked for, while his lawyers were suggesting house arrest.

Comment

His MO relied on gaining his victim’s trust and he could never do that now and he’s 84, so he really is not much of a threat. The judge was telling him and the world that there are just some things up with which we will not put. And that’s fine.

If he did get bail, I suppose he could make a run for it, but how often does that really happen these days? Whitey Bulger made a good effort, but I don’t know of any other recent examples.
        Last edited by Hot Pepsi; 26-09-2018, 02:47.

Comment

3-10 could be life for someone in his shape.

Comment

Hopefully.

Comment

I see that his spokesman Andrew Wyatt is speaking of Cosby's trial as being part of a 'racist sex war' (whatever that is) and likening his client to 'Jesus Christ'.

Originally posted by Femme Folle View Post
              3-10 could be life for someone in his shape.
              He's 81. I think we can safely say that it will be.

Comment

'racist sex war' - Johnnie Cochran lite but without the skills or the acquittal.

Comment

Originally posted by Jah Womble View Post
                  I see that his spokesman Andrew Wyatt is speaking of Cosby's trial as being part of a 'racist sex war' (whatever that is) and likening his client to 'Jesus Christ'.
                  Maybe 'between the sentencing and the appeal' isn't the best time to go denigrating the system and all those who work within it.

Comment

The appeal is very much a longshot, though it isn't a coincidence that Wyatt is a publicist rather than a lawyer.

Comment

Little sympathy for Cosby, I have no truck for black celebrities for shitting on their own people when the going was good (See also Serena Williams and Tiger Woods).
                      He spent years denying racism and White supremacy and now he is crying racism and expecting black people to come to his aid.

Pull up your pants and act right Bill.

Comment

Working...
                      X