St Vincent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

St Vincent

Not on par with some of the other glorious and genius stuff but Bill Murray delivers again. He must be the consistently greatest when it comes to picking which scripts to work with if you check the list of films he's been in. From Ghostbusters and Groundhog day through Ed Wood, Lost in Translation, Royal Tennebaums then Moonrise Kingdome, Grand Budapest Hotel and several more.

St Vincent

You can watch it here

http://www.movhunter.net/watch.php?vid=2278e88e7

Oh, you'll probably well upp close to the end.

Comment

St Vincent

No, I'm not employed by the site.

Comment

St Vincent

I've never really understood the whole "cult of Bill Murray" thing.

You see it on social media the odd time. Murray does something like buy a round of drinks for some people he doesn't know in a bar, or turns up to a celebrity golf tournament wearing purple trousers --> 100,000 choruses of "Bill Murray is a LEGEND!!!!!"

I don't think he's a poor actor or anything. I just don't understand why he's held in this golden bath of godlike esteem.

Comment

St Vincent

There is a definite following, and it stems from him turning up at places and being awesome in a PR-free manner.

Always remember the story of how he went up to a diner, ate a chip, and said 'no-one will believe you if you tell them' with a big cheesy grin on his face.

58 examples of Bill Murray awesomeness

Comment

St Vincent

Just read a little more on him, and he doesn't even have a publicist...he just mooches about doing his own thing.

EDIT: nor an agent.

Comment

St Vincent

Is that the article about how the only way to reach him is through a 1-800 number? He's brilliant in that regard.

Comment

St Vincent

Yeah, he's one of those people who knows how lucky he is and just has a good time with it I think. Very hard to dislike. Makes the most of his job, which is the best in the world. Even his Letterman appearances are events (he makes a different, ambitious entrance each time).

Comment

St Vincent

WOM, there is a mention of that phone number in the article...and I'd read all manner of good things on the guy, but today has ended up turning into my very own 'learn about Bill Murray day'.

Everything I've read echoes what LL wrote, he just seems to be very happy with his lot...and the random gestures, they aren't carried out in a manner of 'oh look at my charidee work everybody' - which itself is such a nice contrast to the need to be seen to be doing right - which keeps people in the public eye, one hand supplying the other - when things start getting worthy...when it's slowly being proven that those who are the keenest to be seen to be doing right are in fact the biggest perverts and miscreants of them all.

Comment

St Vincent

To get back on topic a bit, gonna watch this film this evening. Looking forward to it.

Comment

St Vincent

Andy Townsends Tactics Truck wrote: To get back on topic a bit, gonna watch this film this evening. Looking forward to it.
                      Why'll you're at it, Broken flowers is worth the time

Comment

St Vincent

and has a great soundtrack.

Comment

St Vincent

Got around to watching St. Vincent, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's funny in places, but it's one of those films where I found myself smiling throughout, which is never a bad thing.

EDIT: Oh, and the young man who plays Murray's neighbour, and whose name escapes me, puts in a great performance. What a debut, alongside Bill Murray. Good on him.

Gonna watch broken flowers this evening.

Comment

St Vincent

I loved Broken Flowers. Think it got quite a mixed reception at the time and I missed out.

Comment

Working...
                            X