Drunk History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drunk History

Has there been a UK equivalent of this series?

If not, one needs to be made, I think.

Drunk History

Totally. I absolutely adore this show. Both the history aspects of it and the way it gets the actors to recreate the narrators' too-drunk moments in character.

It's readily available on the Comedy Central channel in Plex, by the way.

Comment

Drunk History

Only if they call it Pisstory

Comment

Drunk History

The first two episodes of the British version have aired now. It's not as bad as I feared it might be from the Chortle preview, and there is some female representation among the comics (plus Rebecca Front as Queen Victoria, which was ace). But it's definitely not got the same spark as the US version. The comics (so far at least) are of a lower calibre*, the Jimmy Carr bits add nothing, and I feel like they're not doing as good a job switching between the narration and the acting as the US version. Still worth watching, but try to see the US one if you can.

* Not that it matters too much as they're not telling jokes for the most part. But so far the Americans have been funnier/better drunks.

Comment

Drunk History

Did you notice how many of the American 'interviewees' had dogs? I'm not sure whether or not that says anything about comedians ...or drinkers!

Comment

Drunk History

Oh, I thought Simon Schama had a new series.

Comment

Drunk History

Just a heads up that the US version's third season starts tonight. Paul F Tompkins is one of the interviewees this time round (twice I think) so I'm pretty excited.

Comment

Drunk History

Well, that was great. Especially Jenny Slate doing the discovery of the CMB signal.

Comment

Working...
                X