X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shia LaBeouf

The definitive work.

Shia LaBeouf

Ugh. He's an asshole. The sooner he goes away, the better.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

Crikey, what did he do to cause such ire?

Only knowing him from kids sitcom 'Even Stevens', I've never formed an opinion of him...but this video is amazing! Loving the effort put in here.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

I formed a mental image of Shia LaBoeuf based purely on his name, having seen none of his films nor noticed any of the media coverage about him (until he went off the deep of twattery). I was somewhat taken aback when I found he was both male, and white.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

Shia Labeouf translates as "Thank God for beef", fact fiends.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

Andy Townsends Tactics Truck wrote: Crikey, what did he do to cause such ire?
            The walking around with a paper bag on his head thing. The badmouthing his director thing. The drunken disruption of the theatre thing. The public fighting thing. The smug 'serious artist behaving like spoilt teenager' thing. Sometimes assholes become famous actors. I think he's one of them.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

And yeah, the terrible name doesn't help. Yes, it's real and no, he didn't name himself. But it doesn't help.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

WOM wrote: The walking around with a paper bag on his head thing. The badmouthing his director thing. The drunken disruption of the theatre thing. The public fighting thing. The smug 'serious artist behaving like spoilt teenager' thing. Sometimes assholes become famous actors. I think he's one of them.
                His actions seem typical of those of child stars/young people doing misguided and pretentious things...but asshole seems a bit much. He's young, there's hope yet.

And it could have been about most anyone, but my word I think that video is brilliant.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

Andy Townsends Tactics Truck wrote: His actions seem typical of those of child stars/young people doing misguided and pretentious things...but asshole seems a bit much. He's young, there's hope yet.
                  True dat.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

Andy Townsends Tactics Truck wrote:
                    Originally posted by WOM
                    The walking around with a paper bag on his head thing. The badmouthing his director thing. The drunken disruption of the theatre thing. The public fighting thing. The smug 'serious artist behaving like spoilt teenager' thing. Sometimes assholes become famous actors. I think he's one of them.
                    His actions seem typical of those of child stars/young people doing misguided and pretentious things...but asshole seems a bit much. He's young, there's hope yet.

And it could have been about most anyone, but my word I think that video is brilliant.
                    I wonder who he copied it from

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

TAB, if you watch the posted video you'll see it isn't by him.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

I think that was a gentle nod to his plagiarism 'issues'.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

WOM wrote:
                          Originally posted by Andy Townsends Tactics Truck
                          True dat.
                          By his own accounts, his parents were, essentially, grifters. No doubt a weird upbringing plus induction into the Hollywood scene at a young age can lead to some mental illness issues. See also Amanda Bynes. Maybe we should all be a bit less judgmental about it.

I also find it amusing when I see, here or there on Instragram or whatever, morons decrying how he "ruined" Transformers. As if a summer blockbuster franchise about giant robots from outer space based on toys and directed by Michael Bay was otherwise destined to be the next Godfather saga if not for one misstep in casting.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

That video is great.

I always love it when professional musicians and dancers, who have been training their whole lives to hone their talent, get together for something utterly ridiculous like that and do it with a straight face.

Other examples:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elcBrted4bY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puHK73fMXmQ

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

It's threads like this one that show me how absolutely out of touch I am. I started watching the video and then had to pause it while I went off to wikipedia and worked out exactly who or what Shia laBeouf was. Was it a character in something, was it the name of an animal or was it the something else? Obviously the internet helps one out in such situations. But then people on here not only know about this man's existence and the films hes been in (which is to be expected if youve heard of him, I presume), but loads of stories about him (I don't know what those stories are exactly, but it's clear that there are a fair few).

There are whole swathes of the modern world that have passed me by entirely.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

hah, today the GAA announced that the Script were the band that were going to be playing the big concert in Croke Park this year. I was dimly aware of them, and that they had done a song with William, that was used as the jingle in no end of tv ads for reality tv programmes.

What I didn't know however was that that song sold 5 million copies worldwide, or that they had 20 million record sales in the last 6 years, or had four uk no.1 albums. That one snuck up on me.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

The Script played the Aviva a couple of years ago. They're incredibly fucking boring.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

See your "dim awareness" is my complete lack thereof. Again...whoosh.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

Green Calx wrote: The Script played the Aviva a couple of years ago. They're incredibly fucking boring.
                                      perhaps, but they are legitimately fucking huge.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

I'm with ad hoc on that one - I've never heard of them before this thread.

I have heard of Shia LeBeouf and some of the arseholey things he's (said to have) done, but I still wouldn't be able to pick him out of an identity parade of one. Which is possibly partly my own fault, because I'm pretty sure I've seen at least one film he's in.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull . Which featured both Shia (sp?) and Ray Winstone, so a double header of acting quality.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

The idea that someone could 'ruin' Transformers is a mad notion. It's like petty vandalism the day after in Hiroshima.

That's the great thing about getting older. I've never heard of this fuck knuckle and have zero desire to find out anything about him. It'd be difficult to avoid some of this if you have young or teenage children because of the pressures on them to consume and conform, but like Radio One and Hollywood rubbish it's relatively easy to avoid if you want to.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

I dont mind him. All that apparently strange behaviour stuff seems more like a child star trying to become something more serious (from kids films to more grown-up stuff anyway) in the hope he can make the switch from being perceived as one type of actor to another. Which he seems to be doing.

I'm not convinced he's taking himself that seriously though.

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

It would be fun to laugh at ad hoc and Sam, but then I've never heard of The Script. So...you know...whatever....

Comment

Shia LaBeouf

The Transformers films are fine, although I haven't seen the Mark Wahlberg one yet. Giant robots going at it. If that's not your thing, then fine, but it does what it says on the tin.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X