Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#dickhead

speaking of stories from players' autobiographies -

leon osman's autobiography on david moyes' motivational methods before the 2013 fa cup quarter-final when everton lost 3-0 at home to wigan:

"I spoke to players after the game and asked what they remembered from the gaffer’s pre-match speech. Everyone recalled the same message: “This is our day so don’t choke. Whatever you do, don’t choke. Listen, don’t choke.”

“Because he was saying it, it felt like it was ours to lose rather than ours to win. City were the only other top team left in the cup and we had a good record against them. They wouldn’t have worried us.

Comment

#dickhead

Told you Moyes is a loser.

Comment

#dickhead

That's worse in my book than paying millions more than his release clause for Fellaini.

Comment

#dickhead

I'm more shocked that Leon Osman has an autobiography.

Comment

#dickhead

If Rooney has a contract for ten volumes, Osman certainly "deserves" one.

Comment

#dickhead

Fellaini, on current form, is Europe's best shit player.

Comment

#dickhead

Seven Saxon Kings wrote: The FA say the ban was influenced by his number of followers making him a role model:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29916962
                How many times do we have this 'role model' rubbish? Footballers aren't role models, they are professional sportsmen. If they were role models, we would be expecting them to refuse to take penalties and walk to the bench without being shown a red card. Mickey Droy, Norman Hunter and Billy Bremner weren't expected to be role models. The only reason the current lot are is because they are on TV all the time. They'll be expecting musicians to be role models next.

Comment

#dickhead

Yes, and there's an odd precedent there.

If that had been some Conference player with 500 followers on Twitter, would that have been OK then?

Where does this stop?

At county level can you tweet racist insults?

Comment

#dickhead

I have a feeling Ferdinand's decision to give his Twitter page its own chapter in his book, and entitle it 5.7 Million And Counting, may have counted against him.

As for Leon Osman, if that's his abiding memory of Moyes after nine years playing under him which happened to coincide with one of the better spells in Everton's history, well . . .

Comment

#dickhead

Seven Saxon Kings wrote: The FA say the ban was influenced by his number of followers making him a role model:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29916962
                      I would be so disappointed if my children viewed Rio Ferdinand as a role model.

Comment

Working...
                      X