Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jack Bruce R.I.P

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-29772926

Sorry to hear this. I listened to Cream's Crossroads a few days back and it reminded me how good a bassist he was.

Jack Bruce R.I.P

Along with John Entwistle, he introduced the concept of the bass guitar as lead instrument. Lived the 60's dream and was bankrupt in the 1980's due to his titanic drug habit, so it's notable that he managed to reach his seventh decade. One of bass playing's greats.

EDIT: Here's a nice tribute. Jimi stopping Hey Joe halfway through to play Sunshine Of Your Love in honour of Cream's split.

Comment

Jack Bruce R.I.P

The two great rock trios of the '60s were Cream and the Jimi Hendrix Experience. The latter were all dead by 2008; Cream lost its first member now.

Jack Bruce also did most of Cream's vocals, when it was Clapton who would become as famous for his singing as for his guitar-playing.

Comment

Jack Bruce R.I.P

Jack Bruce was a darned good guitar player too. I saw him play in an allstar jam once at the Roundhouse. Years later I met him and he told me that was the only time he ever publicly played lead guitar. He was quite chuffed to talk to someone who saw him that night.

Anyway, RIP, Jack

Comment

Jack Bruce R.I.P

Saw Cream at Nottingham Technical College. Spoke, briefly to Jack Bruce. Nice bloke.

I loved his comment that he hadn't seen an inside toilet until he moved to London.

RIP.

Comment

Working...
          X